Randomize playlists just once - (instead of re-shuffling)
Hi guys

Something that's been bothering me a bit for a while now:

The problem:
A (video) playlist with the sorting order set to 'random', will randomize the playlist view every time it's being reset. Although surely that's following logical rules, it's quite irritating from a user perspective.

When does this happen:
For example, I often use a playlist with 'all movies rated above 7.5, from 2001 forwards' with a random order. This helps me because I don't have to start looking in the regular 'all movies' list every time I and some friends want to see a good film. But we don't want to have the list start at A, because then you'd be scrolling to the first unseen movie in the alphabetical order, which obviously is pretty much always exactly the same. It's nicer to have a new, surprising playlist. Therefore, we use the random order.

The feature request:
So, that works OK. Here's the caveat:

The random order is reset in several situations. E.g. when you re-load movie information, the lists resets afterward. So you find a movie that has wrong information, you re-load it, but then the lists resets and you'd have to scroll to -somewhere- (it's random so you'd have to search) to find whether it's OK now.

But a more common situation is when we'd play a Youtube movie trailer from the movie information screen. After the (full screen) trailer is finished, you return to the playlist, BUT IT RESETS, so you no longer have that particular film in view. Also, because the random order changes, you'd find the same movies you had just scrolled past, again, but in a different order. In a large playlist, it's a bit frustrating to have to search for the selected movie again.

The same happens when you return to e.g. the home screen or PVR, and then open the playlist again, it's being reset. Again you'd be scrolling past all the movies you had scrolled past before.

Solution:
Would it be possible to make a toggle in a particular playlist's settings, to allow Kodi to randomize each time, or to only randomize at boot-up? So that when you open the playlist, it's the same order as before? But when you open the playlist another day / another boot, it's randomized again?

Do you get what I mean? Does anyone else use random playlists in this way, and have the same little problem? Could it be solved easily (without making other problems)?

I'm no programmer, so I'd just thought to drop it here. Wink Hopefully someone sees the problem. Or perhaps there already is a solution?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Randomize playlists just once - (instead of re-shuffling)0