Getting (Cross compilling )kodi for armv7-cortex-A9 processor
Hi All,

I am trying to get kodi as an media player application on STMicros' Stih301 based board.
What i Have is STMicron sdk with arm-linux toolcahin( cross compiler), rootfs running with SETTOP BOX Application software. Could any
one Please in the list, tell me the what is environment required with details procedure to cross compiled the kodi for my board.

The details steps will help me regarding this.

Thanks and regards,
Nagaraja
Its unlikely you'll get an answer on this, since it requires an experienced developer with the same hardware and enough interest to port kodi to it. That is, if the hardware is even capable to run kodi
Speaking from actually porting xbmc/kodi to numerous platforms. Here are the rough steps.

1) Learn and understand how the existing build system works. Do this by building a platform that REQUIRES cross-compile. Not Linux desktop. Android is good example. Darwin (OSX/iOS/tvOS) is always a cross-compile but people get confused by XCode needs. Depends uses a config.site setup to deal with autotools quirks. . If you do not understand config.site, you will epic fail. Google "configure config.site" and go from there.

2) Get a good toolchain setup for cross-compile. Sounds like you have this now.

3) Get depends building. This is the hardest step. You MUST have a good depends built before you can proceed further. Just for reference, it took me and another person about 1/2 year to get Android depends built. Of course Android has it's own libc so that caused lots of issues. Depends is a two step build, 1st is builds 'native tools', these are binaries/libs that run on the build system to help in the next build step. The 2nd step is building the target depends. These are binaries/libs that will be used on the target platform. Python will be the hardest to get building.

4) Get core building. On a new platforms, the area to be concerned with egl/gles rendering. Ignore hardware video decode for now.

5) Get hw video decode working, this is critical on arm platforms as most do not have the ponies to sw decode HD video. If you can't handle HD video, the port is useless. You might want to investigate this 1st with test apps before attempting the port. Remember, no HD video playback, port is useless.

Good luck.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting (Cross compilling )kodi for armv7-cortex-A9 processor0