Weather.LocationSet() - Submenu Buttons don't work
I have the standard Aeon Nox 5 Weather option on my top level menu, I use Yahoo weather service on Kodi 16.1..

In settings I have added the weather widget to the weather page, so when you move onto the weather page on the top level menu it shows a 6 day forecast for the current location.

When it is working If I choose one of the other sub menu locations on the weather page the widget changes to display the 6 day forecast for the location chosen. This works fine until I exit and reload Kodi, then when I choose one of the other sub menu locations on the weather page, I get the sound to indicate a key has been depressed BUT nothing changes on the screen.

To get the sub menu locations working again I have to choose 'Weather' on the top level menu which displays the weather overview for 4 days, then I press return to get back to the main screen, then the sub menu locations start working again.

So all works fine except following a fresh load of Kodi.
(2016-08-12, 16:31)hoppel118 Wrote: Do you also have the behavior that the submenu buttons don't work after starting/restarting kodi? Jeffers24 and I have to enter the weather overview from the top level menu button once. After doing this the submenu buttons works fine.

Greetings Hoppel

Hi Hoppel.

Actually yes.

I just tried it twice using Rapier and Krypton.
And directly after Kodi is started and all weather info is loadet, I pressed the submenu buttons with actions Weather.LocationSet(1), Weather.LocationSet(2) and Weather.LocationSet(3).
Nothing happened.
After entering the weather window and exiting to the home screen, everything worked again.

@ronie: Did you try this exact scenario? Any thoughts?
OK. So you have the same "issue" with krypton.

I think we need to request this improvement at the kodi master. Maybe @ronie (Are you a developer?) can make a pull request? Wink

Greeting Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2016-08-12, 20:01)Gade Wrote: @ronie: Did you try this exact scenario? Any thoughts?

i can confirm this issue.

looking at the source code: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...pp#L29-L36
the SetLocation() message is send to the weather window.
perhaps, and this is just a wild guess, a window can't accept messages unless it has been loaded (before)?

(2016-08-12, 21:27)hoppel118 Wrote: @ronie (Are you a developer?)

nope, sadly not.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-08-12, 21:54)ronie Wrote: i can confirm this issue.

looking at the source code: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...pp#L29-L36
the SetLocation() message is send to the weather window.
perhaps, and this is just a wild guess, a window can't accept messages unless it has been loaded (before)?

Yeah, maybe.

Or maybe the action is only meant to work and be used inside the weather window?
(2016-08-12, 22:40)Gade Wrote: Or maybe the action is only meant to work and be used inside the weather window?

It's an function in the kodi keymap. So I think it should be usable in every window. But the way it works for us at the moment (only with the widget), this can't be possible. To use it in every window it has to close the current window and open the weather overview for the specific weather overwiew... Smile
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather.LocationSet() - Submenu Buttons don't work0