libreelec/rpi kodi fetching picons from tvheadend very slow with curl timeouts
I have LibreELEC 7.02 with Kodi 16.1 and tvheadend 4.0.9 running on rpi2 for some time, all works fine I should say, however recently I added picons on tvheadend and I'm having an issue, local Kodi running on this rpi with tvheadend (as well as a remote kodi on other rpi) apparently haves some problem fetching picons from tvheadend, it takes very very long time for them to show on the channels list and looking at kodi log apparently I could see that it tries to fetch a few ones simultaneously (pipelining) and there are some 10sec. timeouts that I guess explain the long delays to get picons...

As I said above I have a 2nd rpi on the LAN that also connects to tvheadend on the 1st rpi and this 2nd rpi shows exactly same issue, Kodi very slow to fetch picons. However I have also Kodi on a Windows PC also connecting to tvheadend on the 1st rpi and on this Kodi running on Windows picons fetch instantaneously for all channels!

I question to myself... is this a Kodi bug? but no problem at Kodi on the Windows PC... only at LibreELEC on my rpi's... some curl lib related problem with that pipelined access method?

You can find my kodi log at:
http://pastebin.com/j6Hrxb5t
Note that I enabled debug (incl curl debug) only at 04:27:08, then I did browse channels list on kodi and it started fetching picons... timeouts at 04:28:11... Sad

Any ideas please?
Just would like to add that I did also post about this at Libreelec forum at:
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-1253-post-9715.htm
there are further information about the problem on my posts there (relevant information is on posts no. 1, 7, 18 and 22)... I guess this may be very likely a bug in either tvheadend or kodi/curl, but either way maybe it could be potentially worked around at kodi by changing just some curl options for the fetching code?

Edit: From further investigation we found that this was related to Tvheadend replying contents to HEAD requests, and despite old curl versions handled that ok new ones apparently don't handle it properly, however in the meantime Tvheadend developers fixed it at their side, now Tvheadend doesn't return contents for HEAD requests anymore and no more problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libreelec/rpi kodi fetching picons from tvheadend very slow with curl timeouts0