v15 Kodi in 480i on a CRT TV with Raspi 3
Hello,

I've succeded to hook a RPI3 to CRT TV with a RGB Scart cable. The rendering under games is awesome. I'm using CEA 6 or CEA 21 (480i or 576i) for the gui and other stuff, and I use a custom resolution for games 1920x240p that a recalibrate under Retroarch.

For Kodi I have a problem, It does recognize the 240p, but note the 480i. I could be satisfied with the 240p but it generates scanlines.

Is there any way to make Kodi compatible with the 480i ?

Best regards
1. Which OS are you using - this can be important for detailed attack?
2. What changes have you made to config.txt to influence what is selected?
3. What inputs will your TV accept?
You could probably get better help if you obtain and post debug logs from booting up kodi
Derek
Hello,

1. I'm using a Buildroot OS on Recalbox distribution, it's a french distribution kinda like Retropie.
2. In config.txt I've switched to CEA 6, I've also made it ignore EDID to make a custom resolution with HDMI_CVT : 1920 240 60 for the games.
3. The TV can accept only 240p50 240p60 480i and 576p. 240p is not good for Kodi because of the scanlines, it's better for emulators.

The main problem is that Kodi forces the progressive mode when I choose interlace (CEA 6). It doesn't support this mode. Maybe something is checked to stay in progressive mode in place of interlace ?

I can send you the logs where can I find them ?

Best regards
Posting the whole config.txt would have been useful.

At a guess you may want to add hdmi_force_mode=1 which means only the default mode (from hdmi_mode/hdmi_group) is reported which should mean kodi cannot choose a progressive mode.

If still a problem then a debug log (wiki) would be useful.
Thank you very much ! that worked like a charm ! Is there any way to reduce the flickering ? Like desinterlacing option to activate ?
(2016-08-14, 21:28)archimage Wrote: Thank you very much ! that worked like a charm ! Is there any way to reduce the flickering ? Like desinterlacing option to activate ?

The problem with interlaced modes is that any one pixel thick horizontal line will flicker (it appears and disappears at 50Hz).

Is the problem with video or the GUI?
A hack for the GUI is to select a small zoom factor for the skin which affectively blurs the image in a similar way to a deflicker filter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi in 480i on a CRT TV with Raspi 30