Synch Watched Status
Hi all,

I have 2 RPI's with an OpenElec and I watch videos from a local NAS.

I want to sychronise the watched status on my local network if possible, on the NAS it will be perfect. But I don't found the way to change that configuration.

Does anybody have a link to explain that ? Or an extension to user ?
Syncing and sharing (wiki)
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-08-12, 11:40)DarrenHill Wrote: Syncing and sharing (wiki)

The MySQL option in particular. It's a bit of an effort to set up but does work well for syncing multiple clients.
Ok nice.
So I have to use a Raspbmc by exemple to host an MySQL database and I can do the sync ?
Most NAS's can host the database (I have mine on a WD MyCloud Mirror, where the media is also stored).

There are details in the MySQL (wiki) part of the link which explain how to set it up on a number of NAS boxes, but any that have myphpadmin or something analogous can do it. That acts as the server, and then the pi (or whatever device is running Kodi) is the client that takes the info from the database.

If you're still using Raspbmc, you may want to consider updating unless you've a specific reason to stay with such an old version. OSMC has superseded it and is the currently developed one.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I'm using a OpenElec on my both raspberry for the moment,
My NAS is as D-Link DNS 320L, I'm not sure he can support a MySQL instance.

I'm just looking for the easiest way to do the sync Smile
Same comment applies, just replace RaspBMC and OSMC with OpenElec and LibreElec.

But a quick look on the net would indicate your NAS doesn't have the chops to host MySQL. You might be able to do something with uPNP (also in the link), but I've never tried that. Or you could just use a PC or something else on your network and host the MySQL database on that instead if such a machine is available?

Kodi Blog Posts
If you use OSMC on a Pi3 (it may work on a Pi2, I don't know) you can use this device to run Kodi and hold the MySQL databases.

Another option is to use the Trakt addon on both devices to sync watched status via the Trakt website.
Libreelec (which you should update to anyway} has a LAMP addon so you can also run the db on one of them.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok I tried to sync with MySQL and it's just horrible ...

I installed on one of my raspberry a Raspbian with Kodi (15.2 same version) and a MySQL. I think it's ok, I'm not sure and I don'k know a easy wat to test it.
I export my library from the other Rasberry, I think it's ok I saw lot of .nfo file on the NAS.

I added my video source with same path on my Raspbian (SMB path form the NAS)
So now I want to import this library, but in Kodi options there is no options for a SMB path. Anybody know how I can import ??

And Raspbian + Kodi is really slow ..
Really there is not other way to install MySql on OpenElec or LibreElec ?
(2016-08-14, 17:07)Drahas Wrote: Really there is not other way to install MySql on OpenElec or LibreElec ?
Yes. In the post above your one.
Really, I don't found it. Could you tell me which one ?
(2016-08-14, 08:45)nickr Wrote: Libreelec (which you should update to anyway} has a LAMP addon so you can also run the db on one of them.
Dude, this one. Literally above yours and starts with the word libreelec Wink
Ha ok on this thread, i'm looking for a full thread for MySQL on LibreElec.

I saw the last version have a Kodi 16.1 and i'm currenlty running on a Kodi 15.2, and I really want to keep my watched status. Can I do it ?
This thread

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Synch Watched Status0