backup
Can't remember, in any case I'm pretty sure there's only one backup app you can diwnloqs, I've never found another one.
This is going nowhere.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-08-24, 18:11)donbrew Wrote: I for one, don't know what you mean.
update is not the same as backup.
There is a backup utility in the Official Kodi Repository.
If you are using the Dropbox addon, read the directions, it tells you how to get the key. You first need a Dropbox account.
At any rate, in order to get help you need to provide information that you don't seem capable of providing.

Thats wrong, there are no directions what so ever, it jus5 says enter key , it didn't say how.

J gave everything I,know of ,

I used berry boot, berry boot automatically downloads latest o s. I got openelec from it, it didn't tell me a version.

The backup app comes from multiple different sources but its always the same app regardless , its version 1. 0. 06 regardless of pi1 pi2 or pi3
(2016-08-26, 17:37)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-08-26, 17:26)redkoatz Wrote: Raspberry pi3
Berry boot ( which I mentuoned) is a multi boot is for raspberry pi,which automatically downloads up to date I see for the raspberrypi.

But I can't see what that has to do with the backup app which is identical on The raspberry pi 1 ,2 and 3
Berryboot doesn't tell anyone anything, it's a multi-boot solution. So it boots the os you're using.

Are you using...
Openelec?
Libreelec?

Berry boot automatically downloads latest versions , you do not choose a version

I've already said I'm using openelec, but I really can't see what difference it makes because the backup app is identical on all versions of kodi ( I got 3 installed from berry boot)
There's no instructions how to get a drop box key so I googled it and there's a confusing set of instructions about creating an apk app and several different keys / authentication etc, which when entered into the backup,app doesn't work, there's always an error.

Why can't you just enter your account email and password ? It seems the obvious and easy thing to do, password is good enough security for 99% of things so why are there 3 different numbers for drop box and Google drive ?
Seems ridiculous in my opinion , like all this captcha crap

Raspbmc?
OSMC?
Kodi on raspbian?
Something else?
I dunno about Openekec, but Openelec has it's own backup utility in the openelec settings addon. Try that.

Could you try typing properly please, as no one knows what "jus5" or "J" mean.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-08-27, 08:26)nickr Wrote: I dunno about Openekec, but Openelec has it's own backup utility in the openelec settings addon. Try that.

Could you try typing properly please, as no one knows what "jus5" or "J" mean.

No, im,using a mobile and Swype,,t is next to 5 . When you claim " nobody understands " how do you speak for everyone?
Its a basic and obvious typo, that I wouldn't feel the need to highlight in others , this is hardly a business or formal situation ,
You really aren't very willing to do much to help yourself. Short idiotic messages, bordering on rudeness. We all make typos, but please try to minimise them AND provide the requested info so someone can help you.

We speak in English here, not txt or swype or whatever.
(2016-08-27, 09:24)nickr Wrote: You really aren't very willing to do much to help yourself. Short idiotic messages, bordering on rudeness. We all make typos, but please provide to minimise them AND provide the requested info so someone can help you.

We speak in English here, not txt or swype or whatever.

Seeing as you call me an idiot it's interesting you have no clue what Swype is.
And also what does " provide to minimize" mean?
That kind of English is much harder and more idiotic than a slipped finger will ever be.
For starters, a typo is clearly a mistake, but you are clearly using the wrong words in your sentence, that's truly idiotic, not just a mistake. But don't let that stop you from attempting to berate someone for irrelevant reasons, while you have the support of your familiars. At least you have both moral support and your position as a mod , to compensate for your lack,of intellect.
Ok well provide the info we ask for and get your problem fixed. Thanks for pointing out my typing error, fixed now.
(2016-08-27, 08:23)redkoatz Wrote: I've already said I'm using openelec
No, you haven't.
Quote:There's no instructions how to get a drop box key so I googled it and there's a confusing set of instructions about creating an apk app and several different keys / authentication etc, which when entered into the backup,app doesn't work, there's always an error.
Why can't you just enter your account email and password ? It seems the obvious and easy thing to do, password is good enough security for 99% of things so why are there 3 different numbers for drop box and Google drive ?
Next question. For about the 4th time...
Which backup addon are you using?
The built-in one in openelec settings?
The backup addon in the kodi repo?
Something else?

There's no point in talking about dropbox, google drive or anything else until you answer that.
And, btw, there are no captchas in kodi.
(2016-08-28, 00:14)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-08-27, 08:23)redkoatz Wrote: I've already said I'm using openelec
No, you haven't.
Quote:There's no instructions how to get a drop box key so I googled it and there's a confusing set of instructions about creating an apk app and several different keys / authentication etc, which when entered into the backup,app doesn't work, there's always an error.
Next question. For about the 4th time..

So I'll answer (yet again ) that it's something I downloaded from a source "add source"
Again, I'll state that it was version 1.0.0.6 of a backup app I downloaded therefore (not) built in
(2016-08-28, 01:00)redkoatz Wrote: So I'll answer (yet again ) that it's something I downloaded from a source "add source"
Again, I'll state that it was version 1.0.0.6 of a backup app I downloaded therefore (not) built in
That's like saying 'I got it off the internet.'

What is the name of the backup addon you're using?
What source is it from?
They all have names - if you go to 'programs' what's it called?
Its called "backup "as I said. And its included in the default repository that Comes with kodi, right under program add-ons , a very common and widely used app. Even though its a piece if crap.
I also tried using the backup creature from openelec settings Which is equally bunk. I am perplexed how I can choose a drive to backup to and after warning me the drive may not be writable , it goes ahead and ignores the pen drive which I selected and instead stores a backup on the pi 2 own memory , which is an sd card.

I know this because I tried "restoring" a backup. And saw there was nothing on the pen drive I had selected , but there was a backup in the backup folder in the sd card which is the pi2 storage.

Ridiculously enough, when I put this into the pi 3 it sees no backup data.
Is it because pi2 backup data is not compatible with the pi3? And why is my pen drive apparently " not writeable" I had no problem abdding data from other sources,

Im baffled by the fact such a basic function makes absolutely no sense , but at least everyone else seems equally mystified
Thank you for posting much better info.

Perhaps a debug log (wiki) of using the addon may help?

EDIT and i have to acknowledge this page isn't much help! http://kodi.wiki/view/Backup

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
backup0