v16 2160p 4K .mkv videoplayback lagging - no problem with other media player
(2016-09-15, 23:12)nickr Wrote: ...Stefanseiner's problem has nothing to do with HEVC.

I forgot to update the system info, I'm sorry for that.
Meanwhile I bought a Radeon RX 460 GPU with native h.264 and h.265 HEVC decoding.

Now the h.264 AVC files work fine without mentionable cpu load (just windows background tasks), but HEVCs still have to be done by the cpu (just Kodi).
Media Player Classic uses the GPU with AVC and HEVC files without any problems by using LAV decoder.

That's why now I'm working on DSPlayer because it's using LAV and madVR
hi,

ok so have similar issue.
4k videos lagging.
first of all i dont own a 4k screen but pleanty of 4k videos
"can notice better quality with 4k video on a 1080p screen compare to 1080p video"

my specs,
i7-4700mq cpu 2.4ghz
16gb ddr3 ram
geforce 750m 2gb ddr5
windows 10 64bit all drivers updated.
kodi v17.1

video spec,
3840x1580p
audio not an issue

please help or point out if i am missing something
video plays on vlc if i'm not skipping scenes
I would suggest you dont resurrect a nearly 2 year old thread with a different problem, on a different version of Kodi

Probably due to your system using software decoding path and not having a powerful enough CPU
Either
A) Try Kodi 18 which the 64 bit version has much more efficient software decode (warning though is alpha)
B) Upgrade your GPU

Without knowing what format/codec the media you're playing is its hard to suggest anything else
Post the Mediainfo for the affected files if you're not sure (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2160p 4K .mkv videoplayback lagging - no problem with other media player0