Kodi freezing upon opening - Constant unmet dependencies windows
Hello,

I'm not very tech savvy, so I have come here for much needed help. Kodi was working fine for months on my Macbook Pro. It is running El Capitan. Just now when I open Kodi hundreds of popups come on saying unmet dependencies and they keep coming back if you close the window or click "yes" or "no". I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and it does the same thing. I have to force quit the application each time I open it as it completely freezes.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Did you install a banned addon or repo?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Uninstall Kodi

Delete Kodi userdata found at: "/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/"

Reinstall Kodi
(2016-08-13, 10:49)808? Wrote: Uninstall Kodi

Delete Kodi userdata found at: "/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/"

Reinstall Kodi

I can't find Application Support anywhere, when I go to my user name there isn't even a library under that tab. There is a library tab on the users tab, when I go to Application support there is no Kodi listed.
Go to the Finder (or desktop).
Hold the Option key on your keyboard, and click the Go menu at the top of the screen.
With the Go menu open, you'll notice that pressing and releasing Option will display or hide the Library choice in this menu.
Select Library from the Go menu (while holding down Option) to access the hidden folder.
I am in the same boat with my kodi. i deleted and reinstalled but still have all these pop ups as with the original poster

none of the methods work for me.

would you put this in the terminal window? /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/"
Delete the kodi folder in application support

- Go to the Finder
- Hold the Option key on your keyboard, and click the Go menu at the top of the screen.
- With the Go menu open, you'll notice that pressing and releasing Option will display or hide the Library choice in this menu.
- Select Library from the Go menu (while holding down Option) to access the hidden folder.
- Go to application support folder
- Delete the kodi folder

Than
- Delete the Kodi app from programs
- empty trash
- reinstall kodi
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Thank You So Much!!!! I've tried so many ways and i could not get it to work, this was the only way possible! Thank You Smile
I followed steps posted and it worked for 1 night. Now it's back to freezing and constant unmet dependencies windows.

Does anyone know why this is happening?
debug log (wiki) please.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-08-23, 00:18)dhphilly1 Wrote: I followed steps posted and it worked for 1 night. Now it's back to freezing and constant unmet dependencies windows.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Where did you download Kodi from and what add-ons did you install?
I downloaded from kodi.tv/download. Don't think I did any add-ons.
OK well debug log (wiki) then please.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi freezing upon opening - Constant unmet dependencies windows0