• 10(current)
Zidoo X9S
Why all the battery questions?

This device is plugged into the wall 24x7. Why need a battery at all?

The battery would have never been something I'd care about.

What am I missing?
(2016-09-24, 22:22)3dgeek Wrote:
(2016-09-24, 01:55)hdmkv Wrote: [*]3D MVC MKV's not playing in 3D mode (and can't force proper playback manually either)

Oh no, here we go again... A bit of a dejavu.

Howcome it looks so great in the posted screenshots and then it cannot do 3D MVC MKV, even though clearly stated that it does?!?

Same magic tricks that we had with the last Zidoo player?
See here. MKV MVC's are iffy at this stage. 3D ISO's are working significantly better.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-09-25, 01:56)dwalme Wrote: Why all the battery questions?

Because not all users will leave the device plugged 24x7, me included. A lithium battery is needed to keep current time of the built-in Real Time Clock. Without this battery, the clock will need to be synchronized with the Internet every time that the device boots. That's the case of HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro.
Why is a clock so important on a video player?
Reading about the problems it still has, I cannot quite get what the discussion about a clock battery is about.
Oh, it does not play my video correctly, but the time on it is perfect ;-)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
(2016-09-25, 02:30)boblo Wrote:

Because not all users will leave the device plugged 24x7, me included. A lithium battery is needed to keep current time of the built-in Real Time Clock. Without this battery, the clock will need to be synchronized with the Internet every time that the device boots. That's the case of HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro.

What nonsense! I always get the power of my HiMedia Q10 Pro and when I turn it on again, the time is within 10 seconds good!
Kodi Mediaplayer; Sony KD-55A89 4K Android TV
(2016-09-25, 10:56)HereIsTom Wrote:
(2016-09-25, 02:30)boblo Wrote:

What nonsense! I always get the power of my HiMedia Q10 Pro and when I turn it on again, the time is within 10 seconds good!
Nonsense will be for you. I'm going to use my next media player without an Internet connection permanently enabled. Only when I want to download an app from Play Store or play a game online I will enable an Internet wired connection. I've said this before, but a multimedia player should work for playing local audio/video files (stored on an internal HDD or an USB portable drive) with no connection. When your provider shuts off your connection (due to network issues), your Q10 Pro will not retrieve current time from the Internet. If this was not important, Zidoo would not have included a Real Time Clock and a battery to power it. Also keep in mind a clock could be important, for example, to program a show for recording via the built-in HDMI input, because the X9S is also a PVR.

And finally, do you leave your computer turned on 24x7? Your computer has a Real Time Clock and a battery to keep current time and BIOS settings when there is no energy.
Oh well so you can remain moan about everything Confused
Kodi Mediaplayer; Sony KD-55A89 4K Android TV
@mirror88:

How is the support for playing unencrypted DVD ISO's? Can it play full menus? How is it selecting chapters, audio tracks and subtitles?
Does the X9S play DVDs with folder structure (VIDEO_TS directories)?

Thanks in advance.

PS. Mirror88, SEE THIS IMMEDIATELY. IT'S IMPORTANT FOR YOU IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE HDMKV'S THREAD WITH X9S REVIEW CLOSED OR DELETED DUE TO VIOLATION OF FORUM RULES.
I notice the product pages are up at Zidoo for the X8
@mirror88 is it basically a stripped back *cheaper* X9S with less ram ?

When's it due ?
X8 page here. I see they have S905X-based A5/A5S coming out as well. Hope Zidoo keeps their primary focus on X9S and X8.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
This is test http://jell.yfish.us/

5Ghz WI-Fi
Zidoo X9S maximum 25Mbps without freeze, while SHIELD 90Mbps without freeze, IconBit XDS74K 80Mbps without freeze!
On wire Zidoo X9S 160Mbps without freeze.
Check who has 5Ghz WiFi.
Got my copy today, will review it sunday.
Where to get latest firmware ?
The Zoom does not work in ZDMC. It only stretches the picture.
Hey guys, I ordered my X9S yesterday and expecting it 3 or 4 november.
I used to have XBMC like 10 years ago, so i'm excited how this project's gonna go :-)

Can you give me tips on what to do when it arrives to get the most out of it?
I've understood that the external player is preferred, but do i need alot of extra things to be installed?
My main goal is to use it as a mediaplayer, so do i need to install any codecs or extra things to get more titles ready to be played, things to get subtitles, any hint/guide/site on where to get live TV channels or UFC, ...

Much appreciated!
DrPhyll
Hello, hope someone can help.

My X9S arrived yesterday but I can't seem to get it set up properly.

Hevc playback works in kodi fork, but not in Zidoo media player. Dts and DVD playback also doesn't work.

I'm on fw 1.2.3 but if I click update it says I'm updated. But I see that they are on 1.2.6?

Is the old firmware causing these problems or maybe my settings. I've set my settings as hdmkv shown in his video.

Any tips are welcome.

Gr, John
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S1