Win "Installation failed" on every attempt to install skin
I'm having an issue with skin installation on Windows 10. I'm trying to install skins through the repository, and no matter what skin I try to install it fails partway through the dependency step (after successfully downloading the skin). The error is "Installation failed. Failed to install a dependency."

I took a screenshot of the log here.

I searched the forum and found some other complaints about this from over a year ago, but they seem to have been resolved with a patch. Anyone have any tips here? Thank you!
Oh forgot to say, I'm running the latest stable release - Jarvis.
Before grabbing the skin from the repository, you might want to check the skin forum for prerequisites. I know that Transparency! pulls a lot of dependencies but is shipped with the installation. Give T! a shot, and let's see what your issues are after that, a debug log on installation would be nice.
After three days of computer restarts and googling, it seems to have just fixed itself. I'll take it!
I noticed in doing a new install the other day various add-ons from the Kodi repo wouldn't install the first (sometimes second) time. My experience is that is due to something glitching in the mirrors for Kodi and eventually clears up on its own. Just keep trying and it will work. I also noticed that I had to specifically update Kodi repo to get any language resource or weather addons offered in the settings.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Installation failed" on every attempt to install skin0