<control type="multiimagegroup">
I've made several requests lately for my skin...and who knows if any of them will be granted, but here goes another. Something I think could come in useful (and I could definitely use it in the skin i'm working on right now) is the ability to group different multiimages together. So, for example, you could specify for the multiimagegroup that you want a <timepermultiimage> of say...30 seconds. So, you could start one with one multiimage that switches every 10 seconds, and loops. It would do this for 30 seconds and then move onto the next multiimage which might have a faster loop, changing image every tenth of a second. Get what I mean? Here's an example of what code might look like, just to explain my point better.

Code:
<control type="multiimagegroup">
   <posx>140</posx>
   <posy>300</posy>
   <width>160</width>
   <height>200</height>
   <timepermultiimage>30000</timepermultiimage>
   <loop>yes</loops>
   <randomize>yes</randomize>
   <fadeatend>2500</fadeatend>
   <control type="multiimage">
       <width>-4</width>
       <height>20</height>
       <timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
       <loop>yes</loops>
       <imagepath>Multiimage 1</imagepath>
       <randomize>yes</randomize>
       <fadeatend>250</fadeatend>
   </control>
   <control type="multiimage">
       <timeperimage>100</timeperimage>
       <loop>yes</loops>
       <imagepath>Multiimage 2</imagepath>
       <randomize>no</randomize>
   </control>
</control>

...and so on.
You know I find the sometimes the key to getting jmarshall to look into these things is to actually provide a proper real life example (maybe even PM him a skin that you are trying to make) of how it can be used to create a effect in a skin and then let him and others try and figure out other ways to do it first.

Not just a this would be cool if we had this
Maybe just an extra field added to <controlgroup>?

I suspect you could hack this up via tricky animations and visibility conditions...
Actually this kinda thing might be better implemented in python... a tiny script which toggles visibility conditions on a timer.
Jezz_X Wrote:You know I find the sometimes the key to getting jmarshall to look into these things is to actually provide a proper real life example (maybe even PM him a skin that you are trying to make) of how it can be used to create a effect in a skin and then let him and others try and figure out other ways to do it first.

Not just a this would be cool if we had this

ok, good point. thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll see if I can upload what i've got so far and send jmarshall a link.

Asteron Wrote:Maybe just an extra field added to <controlgroup>?

I suspect you could hack this up via tricky animations and visibility conditions...
Actually this kinda thing might be better implemented in python... a tiny script which toggles visibility conditions on a timer.

that would work too with the control group. The animations thing might work, but i don't completely trust the reliability of their timing. It seems good, but over long periods of time, i'm not sure how spot on they would be, which could be important if you need one to disappear as another appears. Also, it couldn't be random, which would really be nice in my situation. that script thing however sounds interesting...I prefer to stay away from having too many scripts built into skins though, so a built in function would be best, but maybe i can find somebody will to make me a script like that

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
<control type="multiimagegroup">0