[Kodi 17] Unable to change channels when TimeShift is enabled
Guys, I turned off timeshift and it made no difference in the channels I have been having problems with It took three tries before one of them would tune in, I kept getting the tuner not available message. I shut down Kodi/nextpvr and then tried HDHomerun view and the channel tuned in as soon as I clicked on it. I then tried it using nextpvr and it would not tune with it either so this must be a next pvr issue. I checked the signal strength and it shows it as 100%. The channels I am having trouble with are SD sub channels of the network HD channel. Ie 11.1 is the HD channel and 11.3 is the sub. What makes no sense if the HDHome view app will tune these channels, my Mistibushi tv tuner will tune them but when I use next pvr either by its self of with Kodi I have issues. Also when I was using WMC with the HDHomerun tuners I never had any issues with tuning channels. They would sometimes stutter but would always tune right in when clicked on. I have been researching MediaPortal as a PVR back end and I might give it a try to see how it works. If it works out I will let you know.
(2016-08-30, 04:17)1maynard Wrote: Guys, I turned off timeshift and it made no difference in the channels I have been having problems with It took three tries before one of them would tune in, I kept getting the tuner not available message. I shut down Kodi/nextpvr and then tried HDHomerun view and the channel tuned in as soon as I clicked on it. I then tried it using nextpvr and it would not tune with it either so this must be a next pvr issue. I checked the signal strength and it shows it as 100%. The channels I am having trouble with are SD sub channels of the network HD channel. Ie 11.1 is the HD channel and 11.3 is the sub. What makes no sense if the HDHome view app will tune these channels, my Mistibushi tv tuner will tune them but when I use next pvr either by its self of with Kodi I have issues.
Get it working NextPVR itself before you even think about trying to use it in Kodi.

Do any channels work? If not, then the most likely reason is your firewall blocking NextPVR from receiving any data from your device. (if it's not the firewall, then try setting the default main app setting in the HDHR Setup utility back to default or mediaportal - not "nextpvr", since this can cause issues for some users).

If it's just these 11.x channels, then delete these channels in NextPVR and hit the scan to look for them again. Hopefully after rescanning, and picking up the current tuning information, it'll work correctly.
[/quote]Get it working NextPVR itself before you even think about trying to use it in Kodi.

Do any channels work? If not, then the most likely reason is your firewall blocking NextPVR from receiving any data from your device. (if it's not the firewall, then try setting the default main app setting in the HDHR Setup utility back to default or mediaportal - not "nextpvr", since this can cause issues for some users).

If it's just these 11.x channels, then delete these channels in NextPVR and hit the scan to look for them again. Hopefully after rescanning, and picking up the current tuning information, it'll work correctly.
[/quote]

I have tried setting the HDHR default app with default, nextpvr and windows and it made no difference the channels will only tune part of the time. Most all of the channels tune correctly I just have issues with a couple, thing is they have reruns that we like to watch. and as I said they are sub channels . In all cases the main HD channel will tune fine. What I do not understand is if I shut down Kodi/NextPVR and open HDHomerun view the affected channels will tune instantly. Also yesterday I deleted all channels in HDHR and NEXTPVR and rescanned them. They still will not open part of the time. I may try a different PVR backend to see if it fixes the problem. Another thing, I tried Windows 10 for a couple of weeks and had the same issue I also tried the Krypton 17 beta and it also had the same issue with the affected channels.The affected channels will also tune properly in WMC. I am trying to get away from WMC because of guide issues among other things.
Thanks for the reply.
(2016-08-30, 16:43)1maynard Wrote: I have tried setting the HDHR default app with default, nextpvr and windows and it made no difference the channels will only tune part of the time. Most all of the channels tune correctly I just have issues with a couple, thing is they have reruns that we like to watch. and as I said they are sub channels . In all cases the main HD channel will tune fine. What I do not understand is if I shut down Kodi/NextPVR and open HDHomerun view the affected channels will tune instantly. Also yesterday I deleted all channels in HDHR and NEXTPVR and rescanned them. They still will not open part of the time.
I'm not aware of any other reports of this behaviour, if you want to reproduce the problem, then post the logs over at the NextPVR forums, I'm happy to help you work through it.
It is a bug in beta that they should fix, you need to disable timeshift
(2016-09-06, 21:24)iTzturrtlex Wrote: It is a bug in beta that they should fix, you need to disable timeshift
I haven't been able to reproduce any problem. I can change channels with timeshift enabled.

You could try this patch to see if it makes any difference: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post506503
Sub speaks on the topic, and also in the NPVR thread! Thanks for replying. I am using Andriod device (Fire TV 2) and recreating it every single time. What have you tried to replicate this issue with? I will Try my Windows 10 machine later today and see if that is affected as well, then try the patch Smile
(2016-09-06, 21:24)iTzturrtlex Wrote: It is a bug in beta that they should fix, you need to disable timeshift

Has this been discussed as a bug on another thread or possibly a bug filed or just your educated guess? I would love to follow it and help test a resolution.
As I've just mentioned in the NextPVR forums, I've spent the last few days testing this.

Kodi 16 Android - Works
Kodi 16 Windows - Works
Kodi 17 Android - Fails*
Kodi 17 Windows Works

*However, what I've discovered is that the Kodi 17 Android only fails if you change channels via the EPG OR using the Channel+/- keys!
If you go back to the main TV page and select another channel from the "recent" list, it works! I have no idea what could be different about selecting a channel that way as opposed to the Guide or Channel +/- keys but it's definitely the case and definitely a bug somewhere - most likely in Kodi.

@mrdally204, could you try the same thing and confirm?
I've submitted a bug here as I couldn't find one already with this specific problem

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16900#ticket
Great. Hopefully one of the guys who maintain Kodi's Android ports will be able to look into it for you.
I've tried 17 beta 2 today on my Fire TV (actually, it's today's nightly build since the beta 2 build for Android forgot to include the pvr add-ons). Interestingly, switching channels by direct number entry is working, but switching via the EPG or channel up/down is still broken. One step forward, two steps back?
I'll call it one step forward. The EPG up/down has been broken for a while now Smile I will take incremental fixes up to release as a setp forward as long as it all works in the end Smile Thanks for the feedback, you might want to comment the trac ticket with your findings
sub3,

The bug filed was closed and commented that a bug should instead be opened for the NextPVR addon with some small explanation as to why.

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16900#ticket
Yeah, I've posted about it on the NextPVR forums too. It's possible that it is a "bug" in the plugin regarding switching down to software decoding (which is unlikely to happen on a Windows Build/GPU) but if it's not, then people with more knowledge of the systems at play will need to argue their respective cases.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 17] Unable to change channels when TimeShift is enabled0