Num Pad (10 Key) Support for Arrows
Hello. I like to use a separate (USB) keypad for the Num-Pad section of keys.

The buttons on it all work in every program and even the Num-pad Plus and Num-pad Hyphen-minus key codes are recognized the same as Plus/Equals and the Hyphen-minus/Underscore keys.

Despite having different PS/2 and USB keycodes, with the keymapping in place, they are recognized by software as being functionally equivalent.

I like to click off the Num Lock and use the arrows and Home/End etc. keys as well.

This is very convenient for operating certain functions remotely (i.e., when I am not typing text). My separated num pad also has a redundant Esc, Tab, and Backspace. With the numpad plus, numpad hyphen-minus and numpad Enter keys also working, I can manipulate kodi nearly perfectly when in full screen mode. (I just don't have the backslash, but I run Kodi in full screen all the time, so it does not matter).

The arrow keys on the numpad do not work, however.

Whether Numlock is on or off (it should be off and work), I cannot navigate menus are seek or do anything.

Numpad 8 is Up when Numlock is off and you are not holding Shift.
Numpad 4 is left, Numpad 6 is right, Numpad 2 is down.

Please consider adding the ability to use numpad arrows. If numpad enter, while being a different keycode, is treated by Kodi software the same as the primary enter key, then it should be possible.

Could it have something to do with X11? I know GTK2, GTK3, Qt4, Qt5, wxWidgets apps all behave as I desire.

Thank you.
Top kevel howto, if you need help with any of the steps, just ask.

Run kodi in debug mode.

Look at a live view of your log
Code:
tail -f .kodi/temp/kodi.log
obviously it is easier to do that over ssh from a laptop or tablet etc

Press the buttons on your keypad, and note from the log what kodi sees them as. (You may need a pen and paper or other luddite device to do this.)

Produce a keymap to match.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Num Pad (10 Key) Support for Arrows0