Android Which Android boxes are the most powerful(from my list)?
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to figure which of these are the most powerful Android boxes. Im not that familiar with the processor types and models.

Secondly, I want to figure out which ones (if any) could handle DTS-HD Master Audio.

link removed - DarrenHill

X96 1G 8G

-Amlogic S905X Quad Core ARM Cortex A53 @2.0GHz 64 bit

-GPUTongueenta-core Mail-450MP @750MHz

-1GB RAM

-8GB EMMC

-Android 6.0

https://www.amazon.ca/Toovoo-Android-Qua...rds=Toovoo

MXR 4K

-RK3229 Chipset

-CPU:28nm Quad core Cortex A7

-GPU:ARM Mali-400

-1GB DDRIII,8GB Nand Flash (up to 32GB)

-Android: 4.4.4

M9X 4K

-Amlogic S905 Quad-core Cortex [email protected]

-GPUTongueentacore Mali 450@600Mhz

-8GB NAND Flash

-SDRAM:1GB DDR3

-Android 5.1

MXQ

-1.5GHz Quad Core Cortex-A5 processor

-GPU:Mali 450 Quad Core

-1GB DDR3 RAM

Minix x8h-plus

-Quad Core ARM Cortex A9r4

-GPU: Octocore Mali 450

-Ram: 2 GB DDR 3

-16 GB emmc

-Android 4.4

Minix z64a

-Intel Z3735F (64-bit)

-GPU: Intel HD Graphics

-Ram: 2Gb DDRL

-Storage: 32gb emmc

Thank-you,

Shawn
You need to read these first:

Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons

The Piracy Box Sellers and Youtube Promoters Are Killing Kodi

Its pretty clear from screenshots, Box 1. is chock full of Piracy Addons and Kodi banned stuff, its a 'Fully Loaded" device.
You won't even get help on the Kodi forums for that device.
You might want to remove the http link entirely before the mods do.

Box 2. Rockchip chipset - no support from the Kodi project for this chipset at all.

Box 3. No idea.

Box 4 & 5. Old tech these days, no HD Audio support.

Box 6. Maybe, you would at least get good support from MINIX.

You have fallen into the trap of just looking at Tech Specs, when AML Android devices needs all the Firmware and OS support they can get.
Speed and power mean nothing it the device does work properly for the functions you really need.
A bunch of these cheap Android Boxes will struggle to even give you basic AC3/DTS Audio passthrough.

We already have comprehensive thread with a bunch of detailed Hardware info: (just click the links)

START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated July 2016)

Avoid Rockchip devices, they are not very well supported. Have a look at the budger android devices thread to see what people are using with some good success. There are seevral android devices that will run LibreElec and OpenElec well with dual boot capibility with android.

The budget Android box thread can be found HERE

Depending of course how much your looking to spend and what your requirements are, Amlogic S905, 2GB RAM, 16GB flash is what I wounld consider the bare minimum, if yuor buying a box now..You can get this spec for as little as 30 - 40 dollars with confirmed working LibreElec and Open Elec builds.

If your looking for DRM capibility with Nertflix HD etc...you'll have to purchase a Google Widevine level 1 certified device the budget china boxes wont cut the mustard here.. But be prepared to spend 3 to 4 time the cash for this capibility. I would personally use a different device for netflix HD if you need it, a cheapo chromecast, google nexus player, amazon fire tv can all be picked up cheaply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Android boxes are the most powerful(from my list)?0