Android Samsung tablet as a Kodi streamer
Hey Guys,

I have a smart tv with Kodi installed on top.
The hardware isn't strong enough to handle the streaming
and indeed tv shows get stuck ...

I have a Samsung tablet which I don't use
with stronger hardware then the TV has.

Is there a possibility to install Kodi on the tablet and have the tablet
perform the streaming as if it's a Kodi streamer?

Thanks.
Streaming from where (which source or add-on), bearing in mind our forum rules (wiki) on piracy and banned add-ons (wiki) for which we offer no support.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
asking in general
If your samsung tablet has HDMI then yes.
A raspberry pi with an ethernet connection would cost peanuts and do a much better job though.
Add-ons can't stream, only play via a direct connection.

Playing local file content via upnp or similar is possible.

The simplest route is to get something that can plug into your TV (if your tablet can't) and use Kodi on that directly.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Get a Fire TV and use that instead. If you can't afford that, get a Fire Stick. Unlike, say the Sheild, Nexus Player or Apple TV, both bundle entirely adequate remotes for all your Kodi needs.

Throw your old tablet in the toilet. Maybe break it into pieces first.
Actually, a lot of tablets with HDMI output work just fine as Kodi "boxes". No reason to dismiss it off the bat :)
The Samsung SM-T800 Galaxy Tab S streams well with the mini-USB to HDMI. The HDMI cable does require USB connection for power but will not charge your table when in operation. Be sure to check the number of pins on your device for the adapter you need to purchase the correct cable.
I tried both Beta 3 and 4 of Krypton on my SM-T800 with Android MM...had to go back to Kodi Jarvis. Here's why, every time I start Krypton on it I get an audio POP. Like it's initializing the audio port or something. When I'm in Krypton and start moving around or even start a video local or not I get the audio POP. Nothing shows up, that I can see, in a debug log. So be warned...probably a Samsung issue...

If anyone else has this issue on their SM-T800 I sure would like to know and maybe so would the Devs!

I can make a video of it if it's needed.

EDIT 10/06/2017 The fix was found some time ago and I edit this post in the event someone having the same issue may come upon it...

Open settings>Audio scroll down to "Send Low Volume Noise" and turn it OFF. Done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung tablet as a Kodi streamer0