Win Recommended non IR remote
I have been using a Microsoft MCE remote but have started to have problems with something interfering with the PC resulting in it believing keys are being pressed.

This has resulted in problems not only with the PC but also when running Kodi with things not working and being unable to do anything until I reboot the PC.

Today I have finally discovered the cause of the issue and it is down to the remote from my air conditioning unit sending IR signals that are being picked up by the PC.

I found this only because I happened to have the Windows on-screen keyboard running when I was using the A/C remote.

I therefore need to stop using an IR remote and instead stop the PC picking up any IR codes and move to using a wireless remote instead.

Could anyone please recommend a remote that is wireless only.

I did look at the Minix A2 Lite in the wiki but although it is a wireless remote it also talks about IR signals too.

My PC is running Windows 10 with iMon.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks
My all time favorite remote for Kodi is the Boxee Box remote, super slim, minimal and full keyboard and RF. I used it on the BBox then the Pi and now on my s905 box but you need to do some wiring to make it fully USB. Not hard and i did it without soldering.

I also ordered the Minix A2 and its excellent for Kodi with a better keyboard than the BBox remote, however i keep going for the bbox remote maybe coz I've used it for so many years.

The A2 is wireless 2.4ghz remote the IR part is only used to power on a Minix box otherwise its a useless button. For a plug and play the A2 is an excellent remote.
Thank you.

I will have a look at the Minix A2.
I use the minixA2 on a box that is hidden from sight.
A bit 'clicky' (referring to key sounds), but for me it works great and has a full-size keyboard with a tab key.
The only ir key to my knowledge is the power button (which I dont need because the player gets its juice from the tv).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommended non IR remote0