VOYO 2 HTPC
Hi,
I have a VOYO 2, running Kodi 16.1 on Win10.
I have sleep and hibernation disabled in Win10, and set the power saving settings in Kodi to put it to sleep after 5 minutes.
It keeps hibernating instead of sleeping, and not sure if it's a windows problem or Kodi, just wondering if anyone else has seen this before. The VOYO 2 has an internal battery, is that the problem.
The sleep or hibernate function within Kodi is just an windows operating system call as if you typed it into a cnd, not a genuine outside the system hardware call. Look in settings>system>power savings>shutdown function (expert mode) and ensure your settings.
I have done that, and it must not be exactly the same.
If I set the shutdown function in kodi to suspend, or just select 'suspend' from the power menu, the Voyo hibernates.
But, if I exit Kodi, and select sleep from the Windows power menu, it sleeps.
If I disable hibernate in Windows, then the suspend in Kodi does nothing.
I'm out of my depth here, but from this JSON-RPC API/v6 (wiki) the function might be depreciated or broken in Jarvis, it looks like the string is not being carried to your o/s (but if you've turned it off in windows perhaps this is expected behaviour?). Something like this can easily slip under the radar (unlike MS there's limited resources here) and at this point the push for Krypton is full on. Best suggestion is to be patient and when Krypton hits Beta, try it out and then howl (BUGTRACKER) if it's still acting this way.

5.11.6 System.Suspend

Suspends the system running Kodi
Permissions:

ControlPower

Parameters: None
Returns: string
I just tried disabling hibernation to see if that helped,I re-enabled it.
It is very weird, as the suspend works from Kodi on my other 3 desktops running Kodi Jarvis, it just does not work on this VOYO 2 mini PC.
I was going to anyway, so I will try the Krypton alpha tonight and see if that helps.
(2016-08-18, 16:13)wbilger Wrote: I just tried disabling hibernation to see if that helped,I re-enabled it.
It is very weird, as the suspend works from Kodi on my other 3 desktops running Kodi Jarvis, it just does not work on this VOYO 2 mini PC.
I was going to anyway, so I will try the Krypton alpha tonight and see if that helps.
I tried Krypton, no difference, suspend in Kodi puts it in hibernation mode.
Quote:suspend works from Kodi on my other 3 desktops
With this in mind, it's probably something specific to the hardware.
For sure, but sleep works from Windows, so something is going on in Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VOYO 2 HTPC0