Script to use ProjectPlaylist.com in XBMC
This aught to be a fairly easy script, of course Im basing that on absolutely nothing since I don't know enough about python scripting to know what would be involved.

I recently came across a site called ProjectPlaylist.com
It lets you build playlists (as many as you like but limited to 75 songs per list)
There are sevral interesting tidbits about this service

1.) Its free to use

2.) Your playlists are portable and can be listened to and edited from any broweser. They have a flash based player that you can embed in your web pages, but also have Windows, Real Media, and iTunes streaming options.

3.) They have a large list of music which are mp3 files hosted by 3rd parties.
ProjectPloaylist.com doesn't host the music, it just catalogs it and has a neat player for the files that are already available on the net.

Things I think would be key to making this a great script for XBMC
1.) View/Edit/Play your own accounts playlists
2.) Search for music and either play or add to your accounts playlists
3.) Browse other users, and specific users playlists.
4.) Download music to the xboxes music folder.

You'll see what I mean if you try out the site, or if your already a user of the site. When you are listening to a playlist there is an add button which gives you a list of your playlists (with check boxes next to them) you can then check the box and click add and it will add that track to your selected playlists.

Additionally there is a URL button which takes you to the page that is hosting the actual .mp3 file, so it should be fairly easy to get the URL's to all the files in the playlist thats playing and create a download button.

If anyone knowledgeable about python scripting please check out the site and let me know if this is at all possible, I would imagine that it would definitely be but an experienced person my be able to tell me differently, I will help in any way I can however I am very new to scripting/coding and have only really scripted in pearl so I would need alot of directing

Also if you like this idea please show so in a reply to this post, if Im the only one that thinks this would make a great script then it wont be worth it for anyone to make it.
Very nice idea. If it can be done it would be great as a plugin and script (Plugin please Big Grin)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script to use ProjectPlaylist.com in XBMC0