Disable screensaver during fullscreen music playback with plexbmc
I've been using Titan for a while, definitely my favorite skin. One of the features I love is the ability to disable the screensaver during fullscreen music playback. I've recently switched my backend from mysql to plexbmc. So far I am really like this change because you get the best of both worlds with plex and kodi together. For some reason since I made this switch the feature to disable the screensaver during fullscreen music playback stopped working for me. The screen saver now comes on during playback regardless of the skin setting. Any ideas? Is this a known issue or is something borked with my setup?
As far as I'm aware it shouldn't make a difference what source you use for the music playback, the "disable screensaver" option should still work.
In fact I use this option too on my own livingroom setup and it works perfectly.
It took me a while, but I figured out what was causing this. It was because I turned on display scaling in my fire tv from the settings menu of the fire tv itself. Once I turned off display scaling the feature was working as expected again.
Really? That is a strange discovery [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]. Glad you figured it out!
Well I take that back. I'm at a loss to what fixed it and what's causing it. I changed screen savers and I was unable to get it back to the point to where the screen saver would stay disabled during full screen music playback. I tried doing a fresh install and no matter what settings or screen saver I've tried, I can't get the feature to work. Here are some logs showing what's going on when the screen saver comes on. I noticed an entry in the logs right around the time when the screen saver is coming on: WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin setting. I wonder if that is related?

debug logs: https://gist.github.com/sea3pea0/b4df2b9...8e0ecb4cd9

Update: I figured out why I thought it was the display scaling setting causing the feature to not work. I changed that at the same time I changed screen savers to the Aerial screen saver. It turns out that's the only screen saver that is working for me (staying off during full screen music playback). All the others I've tried, Black, Dim, Digital Clock, and Cocktail continue to come on during full screen music playback. This is on my fire tv.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable screensaver during fullscreen music playback with plexbmc0