Android box/Soundbar volume issue
Hi all,

I have an MXQ android box running through a Yamaha soundbar via HDMI.
It has all been running smooth for a while. No real issues

All of a sudden I am having issues with the sound from the soundbar. I'll get no sound output, and the volume control on the remote don't work.
Strangely enough the (separate) Subwoofer volume on the remote works i.e. I increase the sub volume, and I see the changes showing on the soundbar display.
But when I hit the normal volume buttons, up or down, then the soundbar does nothing, and no sound is coming out.
This is for everything, the kodi interface (no sounds when I move around the interface), and no sounds from any streamed output.

Yesterday I unplugged the soundbar, left for a while and then powered it up again, and all was fine.
Today I powered on the android box, and then the soundbar, and the same 'no sound' issue was apparent Sad

---------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I've potentially found a way around it, but still wouldn't some input if anyone knows the technicalities of this issue.

So I turned off the Android box, and the Soundbar.
Then I turned on the soundbar, and a different HDMI source (Skybox), and the sound was working again.
Then I powered up the Android box, and let it load, waited for a minute, and then switch HDMI inputs (on the soundbar) to the Android box, and lo and behold the sound is there, and volume control works!

So I'm guessing there's some kind of syncing problem between the 2 units if I power up the Android box first... Does this ring any bells with anyone?
Any ideas why this would be an issue? (...if it is indeed the issue... maybe I just got lucky just now!)

Thanks all
Steve

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android box/Soundbar volume issue0