SOLVED - Sound issues in Kodibuntu
Hey everyone, I looked around a bit but couldn't seem to find a similar issue to the one I'm having; apologies if that's not the case.

When I reboot my media center I lose all sound output. In order to get it working again I need to ssh in and run the following:

Code:
sudo alsa force-reload
sudo killall kodi

and then everything works fine until I reboot again...a little frustrating to say the least.

I'm running Kodi 16.1 and everything is up to date as of this morning. Any suggestions would be great.

If it helps, I'm running on an Intel NUC platform (D34010WYK) and connected to my TV over HDMI (where the sound is going as well).

Thanks
I ended up finding the source of the problem. I also run a VirtualBox VM server on this system and on one of my VMs I neglected to disable the sound card. It was seizing control of alsa and not letting go. Disabled it and everything is working fine now!

On the off chance someone has the same problem I had, here's what I did:

force-reload lists the PIDs it needs to kill in order to reload the service so I just ran ps and piped the output to a file, ran the alsa force-reload commang and finally grepped for the PIDs in the process file I made. VirtualBox stood out as not needing access to alsa so that appeared to the be the solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SOLVED - Sound issues in Kodibuntu0