Which player is right for me
Can someone help out a newbie like me.

I just want the ability to stream movies in the car via hdmi so my kids can watch movies during trips. I have tons of kids movies on a 1 terabyte portable drive.

I really need the ability to auto resume where the movie left off when I turn the car back on.

What device works best for me?
FIND
130 views and not a single reply?

Come on you guys are the experts. Please point me in the right direction
I think you get no replies, because this question had been asked and answered so many times its not funny.
This is why there are many threads already that will aid you make a choice.
It requires a bit of effort from you, though.
Did you read the 'pick the right Kodi box'-thread?

If you just want a fast answer, get a pi3 and use it with the auto resume addon.
Thanks i truly appreciate it.

There is too much terminology in that thread that is just over my head. For a newbie that doesnt know much about this that thread doesnt help much
(2016-08-21, 18:13)wtd03 Wrote: There is too much terminology in that thread that is just over my head. For a newbie that doesnt know much about this that thread doesnt help much

I'm sorry but I completely disagree with your quote.

The second "question" in that thread is this

START HERE thread Wrote:Q. I want a Kodi media player, priced around $100 or less for use with my 1080p TV, that will play any 1080p content I throw at it with few limitations ?
The first answer literally applies to you.

"Gold standard" and "all manner of attached external hardware" applies to what you said in your OP.

As to 130 views and not a single reply, I agree with Atreyu.
130 views is actually really low. The Kodi site gets millions of page hits, and it's possible for a thread to get that many hits from accidental page views alone. It's also possible for 130 people to read a thread and still not know the answer.
Ideas over in this thread:

Kodi in the Car

here's the link for the (very nice) autoresume addon:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=152310

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which player is right for me0