v16 Slow Kodi during start up - Win7x64
Version: 16.1
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
AMD Turion II Neo N40L Dual-Core 1.5GHz
8 GB RAM

Configurations:
- No video scan during startup
- Has multiple Kodi profiles

Issue: Kodi slow (and sometimes, eventually crash) on Startup.
This issue is not appearing if I do not show the "Kodi Login Window" (on which, automatically login to specific Kodi login/profile)

Upon checking the log file, the following processes took long time:
- CAESinkDirectSound:Big Grineinitialize: Cleaning up
- Thread RemoteControl 3380 terminating

The log snapshots:
Code:
09:01:19 T:7504    INFO: Python script stopped
09:01:19 T:7504   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 7504 terminating
09:01:50 T:2168   DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 2168 terminating (autodelete)
09:02:15 T:2304   DEBUG: CAESinkDirectSound::Deinitialize: Cleaning up
09:08:21 T:3380   DEBUG: Thread RemoteControl 3380 terminating
09:21:13 T:6336  NOTICE: WebServer: Stopped the webserver

Log File: http://pastebin.com/fQid9LhD
Try switching to WASAPI for audio see if that makes any difference.
Quote:Issue: Kodi slow (and sometimes, eventually crash) on Startup.

Losing some time for some advertisement.. (Rio 2016 Summer Olympics) ~09:01:19 then half minute vaporizes, then a huge jump from 09:02:15 T:2304 DEBUG: CAESinkDirectSound:Big Grineinitialize: Cleaning up
09:08:21 T:3380 DEBUG: Thread RemoteControl 3380 terminating

Looking over the debug, this looks like a bad plugin in the bunch, not sure which one, you might try and rename your advancedsettings.xml to something different, and see if there's anything in that which makes a difference and if you have some controller plugged in remove it. I suspect some add-on that is making a web call or stomping on code is holding up the works. You might want to rename the addon_data file in UserData to see if one of those add-on is guilty. Userdata (wiki) back-up your settings.
(2016-08-21, 02:22)Derek Wrote: Try switching to WASAPI for audio see if that makes any difference.
Should I update this Audio setting across ALL user profiles or updating single profile will be applied to the rest of profiles?

(2016-08-21, 02:54)PatK Wrote: Looking over the debug, this looks like a bad plugin in the bunch, not sure which one, you might try and rename your advancedsettings.xml to something different, and see if there's anything in that which makes a difference and if you have some controller plugged in remove it.

AdvancedSettings.xml I have is rather minimal, I wonder why this has caused the problem:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <videolibrary>
          <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
     </videolibrary>
<video>
    <ignoresecondsatstart>300</ignoresecondsatstart>
    <playcountminimumpercent>101</playcountminimumpercent>
    <ignorepercentatend>101</ignorepercentatend>
</video>
    <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

(2016-08-21, 02:54)PatK Wrote: I suspect some add-on that is making a web call or stomping on code is holding up the works. You might want to rename the addon_data file in UserData to see if one of those add-on is guilty. Userdata (wiki) back-up your settings.

I also renamed "C:\Users\jhs\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data" to "C:\Users\jhs\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data.backup" and restarted the Kodi; unfortunately the slow problem persisted...
Another thing I noticed, when I click 'logout' from one profile (to show login window), it is slow too...

The following is the high level analysis from me:
- 15:41 - login automatically to 'movie' profile
- 15:42 - click logout
<slow and not responding>
- +/- 15:54 - Windows task manager gives the option to kill the app / wait
- 15:59 - I killed it manually
Log file: http://pastebin.com/8PLe3kn2

Take 2:
- 16:11 - login automatically to 'movie' profile
<as auto login, no issue>
- 16:12 - click logout
<slow and not responding>
- +/- 16:25 - login window is displayed
Log file: http://pastebin.com/1gbB2aAk

What do you guys think?
I'm quite sure Kodi in a virgin set-up on your equipment will run well (to prove the point you could rename your existing, and install from the official repository). I have seen this kind of issue with corrupt libraries, and this kind of complaint was typical with incorrect audio set-ups but it was right on the install. You have quite the load of 3rd party plugins and add-ons, some of which on their own work well, but with multiple overlays of various code, there may be some interference. I counted close to 300 add-ons/plugins (congratulations) and if all aspects of each are not vetted at each update, anyone might be the villain. There's a lot going on in your system at all times.

The usual suspects are:

'Suspicious plug-in descriptor content in C:\Users\jhs\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\screensaver.randomtrailers\addon.xml, line 15, column 2 (ignoring unexpected element provides and its contents).' script.module.trakt, script.cinema.experience all have been known for issues. You basically have two options, or approaches.

1) Install from scratch and start setting up, monitoring all your add-ons, plugins and user modifications with an eye to vetting the issue.

2) disable all the potential problem modifications, add-ons, and plugins looking for the villain, the problem with this approach is that an overlay or corrupt database/library will not be repaired and you're left with choice #1

Prudent suggestion would be to disable likely, problems (I presume there is no back-up? Might be a good idea to copy your userdata folder) ensure you have exported your library as separate files, so that if needed a local re-scan will quickly re-populate. Watch out for add-ons and plugins that are not in the official repository, these have been known to stomp on Kodi code, and if these are not supported on our site, it's anyone's guess what's going on. https://kodi.tv/warning-be-aware-what-ad...u-install/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow Kodi during start up - Win7x640