username and password into my add on
Im a total novice but im here to learn, I have found that alot of addons require a username and password to get access to the streams on them, im in the process of reading and researching before I aattempt to make my own add on, iv read alot of info and watched a good few youtube videos, my question is, is it possible for me to have the requirement for a username and password in the configure section of the addon settings, I want to have this set up so that I know only my friends and family or people of my choice are able to view our videos and other media that I dont want just anyone to see, and if so how is it done ? And how can I make a new user id and password for people and perhaps remove others that I no longer want on there? Any help would be very much appreciated thanks in advance tony.
Thread moved to add-ons development
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
How easy or hard this is to implement depends entirely on where you are storing your media.

Imo, most people would just put them in some media hosting site and give their friends credentials to access them.

Storing a user name/password in the configuration setting will not prevent a determined hacker.
profiles
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
i think, there are three ways:
1. store in addonsettings, but it's cleartext
2. store in addonsettings by a encrypting script, but i think it's reversible too
3. open a input dialog during the login process. so the password is a temp variable

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
username and password into my add on0