v17 Horizontal tearing, where did the vsync setting go?
Hardware:
Mac Mini - Mid 2010 - 2,4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB - 8GB RAM

Software:
OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G31)
Nvidia Web Drivers (to fix horizontal tearing for 320M)
Kodi 17.0-BETA1 Git:20160813-004b7d9 (all 17.x builds tested as of Aug 14)

Issue:
I noticed today that I suffer from horizontal tearing with Kodi 17. I got VTB disabled to prevent choppy playback (see Kodi 17 - Low FPS and choppy pl...), not sure if the higher CPU when disabling VTB is causing the tearing. In Kodi 16 the horizontal tearing was fixed by using the Nvidia Web Drivers and making sure vcsync was enabled in settings. But I can't find the vcsync setting in Kodi 17, how do I know if vcsync is enabled?
It is enabled by default now and there is no setting anymore. If you want to be sure just temporarily rename the Kodi folder in

/Users/<youruser>/Library/Application Settings/

For a test to get stock settings for sure.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Because of the fps thing you encounter you could zry the test builds here and report back im that thread

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2398236 (please post your gpu and other hardware in that thread when reporting back)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Then it looks like I've got tearing issues with the latest nightlies, I basically have same tearing experience as I had with Kodi 16 when not using Nvidias Web Drivers. I haven't noticed this before, but then again I've been focusing on the low FPS and choppy VDA playback. I'll re-test the previous Kodi 17 builds and I'll try to determine if the issue is new or always been for me.

I'll try the test builds in the other thread and I'll report back there.
Hi Memphiz

I have the same problem as Manhas. I tried "kodi-20160831-f39d849-master-x86_64.dmg" and the issue persist.

With or without VTBDecoder the screen is tearing.
And with VTBDecoder some videos are lagy so finally I have to had it off for all the time :/

If you will need any help or testing, Im ready to help.
Mac Mini (2012),  2,3Ghz, i7, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3,  macOS Mojave 10.14.5 Windows 10. Ext HDD 4TB (USB 3.0) ExFAT NTFS, . Kodi 18.3 (compiled 2019-06-28). 

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizontal tearing, where did the vsync setting go?0