[AT4 iOS App Signer] Certificate Issues
I posted this message in the following thread (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=260319), but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as I've not heard back yet.

i attempted to use an external codesigning service so i wouldn't need to update on a weekly basis. it ended up freezing when i would try to overwrite the existing version. when i tried to launch kodi i received the white screen. i then tried to update kodi this evening and after resigning and reloading, the white screen kept coming up.

after some googling i tried reinstalling the certificates as outlined in this guide. for some reason nothing worked. instead of just doing a fresh install of kodi i continued playing with things to no avail. i finally deleted kodi from my ATV and then attempted to start a new project. when i went to sign via iOS App Signer v18 i started receiving the following error "Codesigning Error - You appear to have a error with your codesigning certificate, do you want me to try and fix the problem?". when i click yes i receive the following message "I was unable to automatically resolve your codesigning issue. If you have previously trusted certificate using Keychain, please set the Trust setting back to the system default".

i should also add that i received an email stating my iOS Development Certificate has been revoked. doing some searching shows that people are saying go to the developer website (https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/ios/index.action) and to select the provisioning profile section. this section is not available to me. i do see several provisioning profiles in xcode under preferences, accounts, view details. most of these want me to download, but when i do it still doesn't work.

keychain has the updated Apple WWDR cert as well as the iPhone Developer cert installed. i modified the trust level to trust all for both certs. any suggestions?
Go into Xcode and delete your account from Preferences

Go to ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles in finder and delete the files within

Go into keychain and delete any personal certificates mentioning Mac Developer, iOS Developer, etc

Add your account back into Xcode and choose to revoke the existing certificate

You'll have to re-generate any provisioning profiles since the previous ones were tied to the now revoked certificate and are now invalid

And also, don't manually trust the developer certificates... that breaks code signing completely since codesign won't trust it..
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2016-08-23, 18:13)DanTheMan827 Wrote: Go into Xcode and delete your account from Preferences

Go to ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles in finder and delete the files within

Go into keychain and delete any personal certificates mentioning Mac Developer, iOS Developer, etc

You'll have to re-generate any provisioning profiles since the previous ones were tied to the now revoked certificate and are now invalid

And also, don't manually trust the developer certificates... that breaks code signing completely since codesign won't trust it..

Thanks for the reply Dan. I feel like I tried this originally but I'll give it a shot later tonight. It was most likely user error.

How do I go about revoking the existing certificate in Xcode? Huh It looks like you can only do it online (https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/...cates.html) but the free account does not allow you to see the additional developer options.

Just a question to help me understand a bit more about the process. I guess I'm a little confused because previously I tried doing a brand new install of Kodi, but it continued to give me the codesigning error. Why would it give an error on a new install? Wouldn't it be attempting to install using a new provisioning profile? Huh

I see several profiles in XCode that are available to download, but when I downloaded them a day or two ago I still ran into the same issue. I'd actually like to get rid of those profiles, but I'm using the free account so I'm unable to see the different provisioning profiles on the developer website (maybe time to spend the $99). Confused

Nathan
(2016-08-23, 19:11)arsandz Wrote:
(2016-08-23, 18:13)DanTheMan827 Wrote: Go into Xcode and delete your account from Preferences

Thanks for the reply Dan. I feel like I tried this originally but I'll give it a shot later tonight. It was most likely user error.

How do I go about revoking the existing certificate in Xcode? Huh It looks like you can only do it online (https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/...cates.html) but the free account does allow you to see the additional developer options.

Just a question to help me understand a bit more about the process. I guess I'm a little confused because previously I tried doing a brand new install of Kodi, but it continued to give me the codesigning error. Why would it give an error on a new install? Wouldn't it be attempting to install using a new provisioning profile? Huh

I see several profiles in XCode that are available to download, but when I downloaded them a day or two ago I still ran into the same issue. I'd actually like to get rid of those profiles, but I'm using the free account so I'm unable to see the different provisioning profiles on the developer website (maybe time to spend the $99). Confused

Nathan

Xcode will try to use any existing provisioning

While you can't delete the profiles to re-use the app identifiers you can delete the local files so that you don't try to use invalid profiles

You shouldn't need any of the developer pages to revoke the certificate either

Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2016-08-23, 19:17)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [quote='arsandz' pid='2399830' dateline='1471972318']
[quote='DanTheMan827' pid='2399797' dateline='1471968780']

While you can't delete the profiles to re-use the app identifiers you can delete the local files so that you don't try to use invalid profiles

Hmmm...off the top of my head, all of those boxes were greyed out in XCode. I'll follow the steps you listed above and see what turns up. Revoking should just be a matter of clicking the "Reset" button huh? Hopefully it's there after all. Will report in later. Thanks!
(2016-08-23, 19:26)arsandz Wrote:
(2016-08-23, 19:17)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [quote='arsandz' pid='2399830' dateline='1471972318']
[quote='DanTheMan827' pid='2399797' dateline='1471968780']

** snip **

Hmmm...off the top of my head, all of those boxes were greyed out in XCode. I'll follow the steps you listed above and see what turns up. Revoking should just be a matter of clicking the "Reset" button huh? Hopefully it's there after all. Will report in later. Thanks!
Normally the button would be grayed out since Xcode can see a certificate in keychain
(2016-08-23, 20:51)DanTheMan827 Wrote: Normally the button would be grayed out since Xcode can see a certificate in keychain

Dan, you are the man! Looks like I was able to reset. Before I attempt another install, should I pay the developer fee now, or does it matter if I do it right before the IPA expires? If I wait, will I need to resign and then reinstall over it?

Also, is the beta usable for TVOS?
No - don't use it. By all means i do hose builds just for fun...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have the same issue with "codesigning error". I have a $99 paid developer membership. I performed all the steps recommended in Dan's steps above, but the issue persists. Is there a way to fix this? I am trying to reload Kodi onto my iPAD after upgrading to IOS 10.0.2, as it no longer works. Thanks for any help available.
Not sure if anyone can help... So we all know of the resigning problem of the app tv 4 every week if its a free account, but is it possible to downgrade the OS on my appTV 4 to 9.01 and then jailbreak it with pangu? wouldn't that allow us to not have to go thru this signing nightmare?
(2017-01-22, 00:06)Giannila Wrote: Not sure if anyone can help... So we all know of the resigning problem of the app tv 4 every week if its a free account, but is it possible to downgrade the OS on my appTV 4 to 9.01 and then jailbreak it with pangu? wouldn't that allow us to not have to go thru this signing nightmare?

Not possible to downgrade.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AT4 iOS App Signer] Certificate Issues0