Win Unsupported Signal when playing certain movies
Video 
my TV currently blew up so i'm using a hand-me-down rear projection Sony KDF-55e2000 for the time being. The max resolution on is 720p, and i have my Kodi PC (running win10) set to that resolution and have no issues browing the desktop or firing up Kodi, Yesterday i tried playing some content at 720p and 1080p and had no issues, but when i went to play one movie (1080p h264 AAC), the screen flashes and i get a TV error saying Unsupported Signal, please verify source. i then tried a few more to make sure (AVC1, h264, h265 - AAC, AC3 etc.) and some seem to work and some don't.

Now i'm not entirely sure, but does Kodi try to force 1920x1080 resolution if the file is that size (and therefore making the TV shit the bed) or will it downscale for 720p? and if so, is there an option in the settings that will make it always force downscaling or something so i can watch this content? or am i way off and something else is causing this issue?
There is some handshaking between the display and your PC which tells the PC the graphic side of things, and what resolution is acceptable (a quick look at the debug log should tell you). Your prior success is the indication of that. Ensure your settings>system>video output is correct for your display and Kodi should down convert. I suspect the issue lies with the audio portion of the signal, and you'll need to utilize your PC dsp filters to decode what the TV doesn't. Check out this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911
ahhh, i didnt really look into the audio side, makes sense. i will look into that tonight and report back. thanks for the prompt reply!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unsupported Signal when playing certain movies1