v16 Advice!
Question 
Hi Guys,

Please forgive me if this is not the correct place to post this question and Mods please move if necessary.

I am running a vanilla copy of Kodi Jarvis 16.1 to essentially stream Movies and Music from A couple of Local Fileservers. I don't use Kodi to stream from the net so therefore I don't like/want/need addons such as Exodus etc.

However, I would like to be able to see the running time of each movie whilst in kodi's file/folder view - Currently all that is shown is the Filename.ext Filesize [HD]/[SD] etc.

Does anyone know of a tool/addon that would show this extra info without the need to install a completely new skin/build?

Please do not send me down the .NFO route as this would be entirely impracticle due to the shear amount of NFO's I'd need to write (Something in the order of 10s of Thousands).

Many thanks in advance!
I'm assuming that you don't want to use the library mode than? If you scrape the movie, Kodi will collect all the information, art etc including the runtime and depending on the view you choose it will show as soon as you select the movie.
(2016-08-22, 16:32)Miss_80 Wrote: I'm assuming that you don't want to use the library mode than? If you scrape the movie, Kodi will collect all the information, art etc including the runtime and depending on the view you choose it will show as soon as you select the movie.

Yeah I am not a fan of the library as it tends to merge everything from all folders!
Smart playlists would let you view folder-by-folder.
AFAIK (might be wrong) that info (runtime) isn't available if a file hasn't been scanned to the library.

Adding that many files could be more trouble than it's worth if they need renaming though.
(2016-08-22, 16:49)trogggy Wrote: Smart playlists would let you view folder-by-folder.
AFAIK (might be wrong) that info (runtime) isn't available if a file hasn't been scanned to the library.

Adding that many files could be more trouble than it's worth if they need renaming though.

Thanks. I will give Smart playlists a look. Renaming is all done at source so that isn't an issue!
I use <path> and <starts with> for folder playlists... just use the folder location in <starts with>.

You could start with a small(ish) folder to test - scan folder, write the playlist, check if it works.
(2016-08-22, 16:39)RelapseUK Wrote:
(2016-08-22, 16:32)Miss_80 Wrote: I'm assuming that you don't want to use the library mode than? If you scrape the movie, Kodi will collect all the information, art etc including the runtime and depending on the view you choose it will show as soon as you select the movie.

Yeah I am not a fan of the library as it tends to merge everything from all folders!
That is indeed true, although I use smartplaylists to keep movies separated. For example I have the Kids movies, Cabaret, Concerts and all the other movies all in other folders and use the smar playlist in the same way as troggy. Furthermore, I create shortcuts on the homescreen for easy access. Off course, not sure if smart playlist would help you in anyway

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice!0