• 42(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-01-22, 11:25)billyc666 Wrote: ESRB is the most common used, even others like PEGI ,CERO are pretty easy to convert to to ESRB as they all follow a similar age group for each content.

Your database has ESRB right? Also, is ESRB used by Hyperspin?

(2017-01-22, 11:25)billyc666 Wrote: will there be an icon if there is single, multi disc

I just implemented the Favourite status flags and NoIntro status flags to be used by skins (can have a look here). I guess I can add another flag for multidisc ROMs, yes, but skinners will need to support it.

(2017-01-22, 11:25)billyc666 Wrote: regarding
8-Letter Anagrams (Tape 1) (Side A) (Europe)
i think that was a wrongly named set i had, as i have another one which is named the same way as this
Wender Bender Question Tape 1 - Side 1

In such cases I guess look for information in TOSEC and MAME Software Lists for an example. I believe MAME SL follow TOSEC naming convention.
(2017-01-19, 19:47)KODser Wrote: Wintermute0110, how can I get the variable "fav_status" (broken)? The rom data only has this if it's broken. if I add, for example, a n64 rom to the AEL favorites there is no indication on the "ROM data", only appears on the label, that I disabled because I didn't like it. How can I get this status too (favorited)? The "mark as watched" is supped to be working? doesn't work on any skin. for me this option don't even make sense. "completed" would make more sense

KODser, I just implemented the ROM flags now. Here you can see the names of the properties and the possible values they can take. Currently Favourite status and NoIntro status are working, PClone not yet (I'm planning to introduce some changes in the Paren/Clone launchers).

This is an example of how Confluence implements the flags. It may be useful for you but I'm not sure (my skinning skills are very very limited).
im unsure regarding hyperspin, last time i looked i think they used region specific ratings.

ah yes i forgot the skin as to support each element, so im guessing thats a question for Rufoo.

im sure even the last naming i posted is wrong (Wender Bender Question Tape 1 - Side 1) and i have yet another set that follows the TOSEC naming system
this set maybe from when i first created the big databases for the hyperspin project at underground gamer.

**edit** forgot to say my databases are ESRB, i converted all the different regions.
the csv files make it easy to add extra data and output to any style that's needed with a simple formula, so could probably add extra columns for disks, region ect
Hi Wintermute,

Two things, first I really like the new multi-disc implementation. I think starting with TOSEC names etc. is a good start, though I would like to see more flexibility with disc names (the disc name section can probably be used for tape sides etc. as well).

To simplify the parser, maybe use a different delimiter for disc names such as {}. In pseudo logic it would be like

1) define rom name as "start of file name" to character before last "(" characer.
2) define disc number as the number part sandwiched between last "("[whatever not number] number [whatever] last ")"
3) define name as name in between last "{" and last "}"

so something like "Resident Evil 2 (USA) (Disc 1) {Leon Disc}.cue would be
Name: Resident Evil 2 (USA) [Some additional parsing for tags is probably also done]
Disc: 1
Name: Leon Disc

Thanks for working on multidisc though!

2) To follow up on the comment about ratings, one other incredibly useful option to consider would be to implement user accounts for AEL. I'm not sure how it's done in KODI, but in the AEL DB maybe add an additional "Restricted kodi accounts" attribute for roms and then not show that rom when that user is loaded. There probably needs to be a bulk select/deselect option for blocking/unblocking accounts, but it would be incredibly useful for parents to be able to quickly switch between accounts when handing the controller over to their children.

And I realize that's a ton of work so, uh, maybe sometime in the distant future?
Wintermute0110, can you explain me the concept of the "no intro", what is this and how can the user change this state if it's possible to do something.

Best regards

EDIT

I was trying to implement the fav flags and I have a problem. with the code below it say every room (that I added to favorits or not is ok). The ok flag, on the last stable version was just for the favourites folder, now is for every folder?

PHP Code:
<control type="image">
    <
texture>indicator/poster-favadded.png</texture>
         <
visible>String.isEqual(ListItem.Property(AEL_Fav_stat),"Fav_UnlinkedROM")</visible>
</
control>

<
control type="image">
            <
texture>indicator/poster-broken.png</texture>
            <
visible>String.isEqual(ListItem.Property(AEL_Fav_stat),"Fav_Broken")</visible>
    </
control>
    <
control type="image">
            <
texture>indicator/poster-checkmark.png</texture>
            <
visible>String.isEqual(ListItem.Property(AEL_Fav_stat),"Fav_OK")</visible>
    </
control

What is the string when I add a room or game to the "AEL favourites", is the UnlinkedROM?. basically what is the property.ListItem when the info that appears on the label is "[Fav]"

EDIT 2
Tested the flags, and the fav_ok is the default one. so there is no flag just for Fav, A flag that appears when we add something to the AEL favorites. I thought the "OK", "broken" and "unknown" were just for the games added to the favorites on the favorites folder, at least it worked that way in the last version, and the title labels still work that way

EDIT 3 it would be cool if you explained all "no_intro" and unlinked ROMs/LLaunchers options so the image flags that I want to make represent the best as possible the state.
is there a guide for using retroarch with this anywhere? mainly on how to set up the emulators etc from it?
one other question whats the best skin for using this on Jarvis that allows for good artwork/metadata display
I Wintermute0110 another suggestion for the add-on. It should be possible to add clearlogo on the Launchers/emulators. I tried to change the main.py but didn't work xD Add more recent Platforms to the list like Sony PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii U, they have emulators already

Just for you to see how would look
For mow, I'm forcing it to show on the clearlogo function of the skin, when the platform name is equal to the label (primitive solution). I know you guys are working on a solution so the skinner knows the different levels of the add-on. the same condition that I used on the gamepads
PHP Code:
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.Property(platform),ListItem.Label)">$INFO[ListItem.Property(platform),special://skin/extras/clearlogos/,.png]</value> 
Hi...it is posible to save all Rom Infos at once?
(2017-01-24, 10:01)atsumori Wrote: Two things, first I really like the new multi-disc implementation. I think starting with TOSEC names etc. is a good start, though I would like to see more flexibility with disc names (the disc name section can probably be used for tape sides etc. as well).

To simplify the parser, maybe use a different delimiter for disc names such as {}. In pseudo logic it would be like

1) define rom name as "start of file name" to character before last "(" characer.
2) define disc number as the number part sandwiched between last "("[whatever not number] number [whatever] last ")"
3) define name as name in between last "{" and last "}"

so something like "Resident Evil 2 (USA) (Disc 1) {Leon Disc}.cue would be
Name: Resident Evil 2 (USA) [Some additional parsing for tags is probably also done]
Disc: 1
Name: Leon Disc

Thanks for working on multidisc though!

Do not worry, I will make AEL implementation in such a way that the parser can be easily modified. Also, the implementation separates clearly the multidisc support from the way a ROM is considered multidisc or not: this means the parser can be updated as necessary. Today I will do an initial implementation so you guys can start testing and improving it.

(2017-01-24, 10:01)atsumori Wrote: 2) To follow up on the comment about ratings, one other incredibly useful option to consider would be to implement user accounts for AEL. I'm not sure how it's done in KODI, but in the AEL DB maybe add an additional "Restricted kodi accounts" attribute for roms and then not show that rom when that user is loaded. There probably needs to be a bulk select/deselect option for blocking/unblocking accounts, but it would be incredibly useful for parents to be able to quickly switch between accounts when handing the controller over to their children.

And I realize that's a ton of work so, uh, maybe sometime in the distant future?

I have been thinking about this matter. Implementing Restricted Stuff in AEL is beyond the capabilities of plugins. That's why Kodi Profiles exists. When you make a new profile every addon gets a new, clear directory to store the databases/settings, so basically is like having two separates copies of AEL on different profiles. I will add the ESRB ratings to AEL. Parents can rate their ROMs. Then, they can filter ROMs based on rating, export the search result, and import the launcher on the kids Kodi profile. I think this is the easiest and most elegant implementation but of course tell me if you have any other ideas.
(2017-01-24, 19:32)KODser Wrote: EDIT 2
Tested the flags, and the fav_ok is the default one. so there is no flag just for Fav, A flag that appears when we add something to the AEL favorites. I thought the "OK", "broken" and "unknown" were just for the games added to the favorites on the favorites folder, at least it worked that way in the last version, and the title labels still work that way

Hi KODser, thanks a lot for your Arctic MOD, you are doing an outstanding work and many user will be very happy Big Grin

The ROM properties currently set by AEL are here, for reference. I think the correct behavior for the Favourites icon is to show nothing if ListItem property 'AEL_Fav_stat' is 'Fav_Unknown'. If 'AEL_Fav_stat' is 'Fav_OK' you may display an icon or not. The important thing for the user is to know whether there is a problem with the Favourite ROM, so an icon should be displayed when the 'AEL_Fav_stat' is 'Fav_UnlinkedROM', 'Fav_UnlinkedLauncher' or 'Fav_Broken'. Displaying an icon for the 'Fav_OK' case is left to the skinner criteria.

(2017-01-24, 19:32)KODser Wrote: EDIT 3 it would be cool if you explained all "no_intro" and unlinked ROMs/LLaunchers options so the image flags that I want to make represent the best as possible the state.

You can find instruction in this post. AEL as evolved a bit and the menu names have changed a bit, but you get an idea. Basically, you will see the NoIntro tags after you audit your ROMs and the tags will be there until you clear them. If you have further questions about NoIntro launchers let me know.
(2017-01-26, 13:54)rabbitarmitage Wrote: is there a guide for using retroarch with this anywhere? mainly on how to set up the emulators etc from it?

You can find information to use Retroarch from the command line here here. In AEL Wiki you have a list of the cores I personally use. Also, in the Libretro wiki you have one documentation page for each core. Some cores require BIOSes and additional files to be configurated, keep that in mind.

(2017-01-26, 13:54)rabbitarmitage Wrote: one other question whats the best skin for using this on Jarvis that allows for good artwork/metadata display

Cirrus Extended with SexyCirrus mod by Rufoo. See the third post for link to download and installation instructions.
(2017-01-26, 23:03)KODser Wrote: I Wintermute0110 another suggestion for the add-on. It should be possible to add clearlogo on the Launchers/emulators. I tried to change the main.py but didn't work xD Add more recent Platforms to the list like Sony PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii U, they have emulators already

Just for you to see how would look
For mow, I'm forcing it to show on the clearlogo function of the skin, when the platform name is equal to the label (primitive solution). I know you guys are working on a solution so the skinner knows the different levels of the add-on. the same condition that I used on the gamepads
PHP Code:
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.Property(platform),ListItem.Label)">$INFO[ListItem.Property(platform),special://skin/extras/clearlogos/,.png]</value> 

Nice view! The idea of showing the controller is very nice. I myself have sometimes remembering about the button mappings of certain consoles and viewing a picture of the controller is good.

The image on the left is the Poster and the controller picture is the Icon, right? The only new thing you want is the clearlogo. Is that correct?
(2017-01-27, 05:13)nevrion Wrote: Hi...it is posible to save all Rom Infos at once?

Of course. Select the launcher, context menu > Edit Launcher > Manage ROM List... From there you have the options "Import ROMs metadata from NFO files", "Export ROMs metadata to NFO files" and "Delete ROMs NFO files". All the operations in "Manage ROM List" work in batch for all ROMs in the Launcher.
(2017-01-29, 09:01)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Hi KODser, thanks a lot for your Arctic MOD, you are doing an outstanding work and many user will be very happy Big Grin

The ROM properties currently set by AEL are here, for reference. I think the correct behavior for the Favourites icon is to show nothing if ListItem property 'AEL_Fav_stat' is 'Fav_Unknown'. If 'AEL_Fav_stat' is 'Fav_OK' you may display an icon or not. The important thing for the user is to know whether there is a problem with the Favourite ROM, so an icon should be displayed when the 'AEL_Fav_stat' is 'Fav_UnlinkedROM', 'Fav_UnlinkedLauncher' or 'Fav_Broken'. Displaying an icon for the 'Fav_OK' case is left to the skinner criteria.

You can find instruction in this post. AEL as evolved a bit and the menu names have changed a bit, but you get an idea. Basically, you will see the NoIntro tags after you audit your ROMs and the tags will be there until you clear them. If you have further questions about NoIntro launchers let me know.
You are welcome, it's nothing compered with your work on these add-ons.
I guess I understood the fav concept. technically its not so much favorite status but "only" status

(2017-01-29, 09:10)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Nice view! The idea of showing the controller is very nice. I myself have sometimes remembering about the button mappings of certain consoles and viewing a picture of the controller is good.

The image on the left is the Poster and the controller picture is the Icon, right? The only new thing you want is the clearlogo. Is that correct?
The emulators/launchers don't have the option to add an icon on the artwork section. I created an option on the skin settings were people can add a folder were they have the controllers artwork, and the info page shows that artwork. (the png needs to have the same name as the platform)
Yes, it would be good if you add the clearlogo option. If not, the solution above works to. that's what I'm using now to show the clearlogos on the emulator/launcher.
Best Regards
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12