• 49(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
Big Grin Big Grin

Yes, krypton here. Let me know if dolphin launch good when you try.

Maybe there are some bugs on github build. Lets wait for @wintermute answer Smile
I'm always running the latest from GitHub; so, that's not the issue here.

Is it still a case where the emulator launches but without a rom? You should be able to copy & paste your launcher command into the Windows run command dialog (window key + r). Does it work if you do it that way?

Paste it here as well so we can see it.
Sure, on cmd they launch fine. Not doing anything special, just emuname.exe romname.zip

All my emulators are configured and they launch fine on rom collection browser, just trying to replicate the setting on ael, but nothing works for me Sad
(2017-02-20, 23:20)trihy Wrote: Sure, on cmd they launch fine. Not doing anything special, just emuname.exe romname.zip

All my emulators are configured and they launch fine on rom collection browser, just trying to replicate the setting on ael, but nothing works for me Sad

M2 emulator has already been widely covered by Wintermute and myself in these posts.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2500009

As for other emulators, I haven't had any problems (Windows based). I'll have a look at 32X stuff this evening. I am assume you're using Fusion?
Hi, yes, using fusion.

I tried $rombasenoext$ for m2emulator and emulator launch with force close error.

Works fine in rcb.

I dont understand, I cant get any emulator to launch correctly with ael.

Edit. ok, tried fusion with genesis roms, also doesnt work. Nothing works for me on this launcher.

Only differences is I have the roms on D drive. Not sure if there is a bug about that, but cant think about other thing, Im doing every step correctly. And I just close ael, launch rcb and emuletors works and launh fine, so they are properly configured.

Edit 2. moved roms to C, no go. I give up for now. There is some log on previous page, will wait till dev can get a look.
@trihy There was a bug in the LNK launcher in Windows. Should be fixed in last commit in Github.

@nalthien AEL works on Jarvis and Krypton, it doesn't matter which one you use. 0.9.6 (to be released) is going to be the last Jarvis version. 0.9.7 and up will be Krypton only.
(2017-02-21, 04:42)trihy Wrote: Hi, yes, using fusion.

I tried $rombasenoext$ for m2emulator and emulator launch with force close error.

Works fine in rcb.

I dont understand, I cant get any emulator to launch correctly with ael.

Edit. ok, tried fusion with genesis roms, also doesnt work. Nothing works for me on this launcher.

Only differences is I have the roms on D drive. Not sure if there is a bug about that, but cant think about other thing, Im doing every step correctly. And I just close ael, launch rcb and emuletors works and launh fine, so they are properly configured.

Edit 2. moved roms to C, no go. I give up for now. There is some log on previous page, will wait till dev can get a look.

Mate, zero problems on this end.

Unpacked a fresh install of Fusion, added new ROM launcher, Fusion as the launcher app, pointed it to the dir that contained Knuckles Chaotix as the ROM dir, left arguments as default. Boots without a hitch. Tongue

The methods stipulated in the previous post for M2 worked fine, I know because I wrote the initial one, then tested Wintermute's noext addition and that worked. Something is either very wrong on your side in terms of Kodi / AEL or things are just not being set up correctly. Dumb question I know, but I assume your setting everything up as a ROM Launcher in AEL?
Hi, good to know the lnk launch problem was a bug, now it s fixed and working Big Grin

Added wii u, works fine, Added snes 9x, works fine.

Fusion and m2emulator is a no for me. Probably there is something wrong with params.

Can someone give the exact settings on ael for fusion and m2emulator? m2 works with just rombasenoext and nothing else?

Look at this, sega 32x, fusion, same params, same emulator folder, same game, same everything:

RCB:

AEL:

Windows 10 x64, krypton.

Thanks
(2017-02-21, 11:53)trihy Wrote: Hi, good to know the lnk launch problem was a bug, now it s fixed and working Big Grin

Added wii u, works fine, Added snes 9x, works fine.

Fusion and m2emulator is a no for me. Probably there is something wrong with params.

Can someone give the exact settings on ael for fusion and m2emulator? m2 works with just rombasenoext and nothing else?

Look at this, sega 32x, fusion, same params, same emulator folder, same game, same everything:

RCB:

AEL:

Windows 10 x64, krypton.

Thanks
Go to add-on settings, IO tab, click on Export Launcher configuration. That will generate a file in the plugin data directory called AEL_config.xml. Post that file please.
Sent you a pm with the file.

wii u and snes 9x works fine as they are on the xml fine.

fusion genesis dont and 32x dont.

m2emulator was deleted from ael, but I can add it again if you need.
OK, try this.

On Fusion32x launcher, change arguments to:

Code:
"$rom$" -32x -auto -fullscreen

On Fusiongen launcher change arguments to:

Code:
"$rom$" -gen -auto -fullscreen
Hi. Tried, but no go.

Does the same, but now in fullscreen.

Check my rom and emu paths, maybe ael is having problems with spaces, ( ) and other symbols.
(2017-02-21, 14:48)trihy Wrote: Hi. Tried, but no go.

Does the same, but now in fullscreen.

Check my rom and emu paths, maybe ael is having problems with spaces, ( ) and other symbols.
Mmmm... By looking at the other launchers executable and ROM paths the difference in Fusion seems to be the ( and ) characters in the directory where you have Fusion. Rename that directory and choose a new name that doesn't have ( and ) and try again please.
Tried but also doesnt work.

What is weird, when ael launches fusion with the white screen, I can go to file load rom, and screen will stay white.

When fusion start manualy and doesnt load any rom, it will show old tv like no signal noise.

Dont know why ael launch fusion in this weird state. Even launching fusion with ael and empty rom path (it will only launch without trying to launcha any rom) it will start in this weird white screen state.

So, ael is not just launching fusion, is doing something more with it.
(2017-02-21, 16:24)trihy Wrote: Tried but also doesnt work.

What is weird, when ael launches fusion with the white screen, I can go to file load rom, and screen will stay white.

When fusion start manualy and doesnt load any rom, it will show old tv like no signal noise.

Dont know why ael launch fusion in this weird state. Even launching fusion with ael and empty rom path (it will only launch without trying to launcha any rom) it will start in this weird white screen state.

So, ael is not just launching fusion, is doing something more with it.

I have prepared a new AEL version for you. Please install latests from Github. In addon settings >> Advanced tab you will find 2 new options: "Close file descriptors" and "CD into application dir". By default both are ON (it was old AEL behaviour, hardcoded). I want you to test Fusion changing these options: both ON, ON OFF, OFF ON and OFF OFF and report results. Also, if you can provide a debug log that will be perfect. The Log level setting is now on tab "I/O", before it was on tab "Advanced".
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12