• 51(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-02-26, 17:57)Marcus_Brown Wrote: Hey everyone first all I want to say great job to everyone involved with this addon and all the work that goes behind it is amazing and I can't wait until Rufoo finishes his skin for krypton. I do have an issue that maybe someone can shed some light on though. On my nvidia shield I have everything setup perfectly except for one thing, when launching from Retroarch my controller will not function. Any other emulator runs just fine. If I use retroarch independently I have no issues with the controller registering, only when launching from AEL? Has anyone else on the shield or any other android box experienced this issue?

Hi Marcus, I myself have a setup with a Shield box (2017 version). Before the Shield I had a minix android box which I got working fine. First step was configuring Retroarch by just opening the app and doing all the stuff there. Configured my controller and saved the configuration. Next step was a correct call/arguments for the launcher and roms which should include a reference to your Retroarch config file and desired core.That can be a hassle but there are many guides you can find on the internet. If you have a little bit of patience then I suggest you wait for the next release of AEL by wintermute which has a nice new feature with which I can help you out.

I havent completed my setup on the Shield yet, but I did get the basics working, starting a rom and playing it. At the moment I missing a close option/key still, so I cannot launch a new rom after I come back in kodi/AEL. But that is Retroarch configuration mostly.
(2017-02-27, 12:23)chrisism Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 17:57)Marcus_Brown Wrote: Hey everyone first all I want to say great job to everyone involved with this addon and all the work that goes behind it is amazing and I can't wait until Rufoo finishes his skin for krypton. I do have an issue that maybe someone can shed some light on though. On my nvidia shield I have everything setup perfectly except for one thing, when launching from Retroarch my controller will not function. Any other emulator runs just fine. If I use retroarch independently I have no issues with the controller registering, only when launching from AEL? Has anyone else on the shield or any other android box experienced this issue?

Hi Marcus, I myself have a setup with a Shield box (2017 version). Before the Shield I had a minix android box which I got working fine. First step was configuring Retroarch by just opening the app and doing all the stuff there. Configured my controller and saved the configuration. Next step was a correct call/arguments for the launcher and roms which should include a reference to your Retroarch config file and desired core.That can be a hassle but there are many guides you can find on the internet. If you have a little bit of patience then I suggest you wait for the next release of AEL by wintermute which has a nice new feature with which I can help you out.

I havent completed my setup on the Shield yet, but I did get the basics working, starting a rom and playing it. At the moment I missing a close option/key still, so I cannot launch a new rom after I come back in kodi/AEL. But that is Retroarch configuration mostly.

Yeah I've done all that and I know I had it working before but maybe something happened when retroarch updated. You can bind hotkeys in Retroarch in order to close and it should bring you back to the AEL menu at least for me thats what it does. I binded R3 to close out in retroarch settings. Its weird but thats the shield and retroarchs relationship in a nutshell basically.
(2017-02-24, 23:40)trihy Wrote: Thanks for your answer @wintermute

In the meantime, I l learn how retroarch works.

BTW, there are some categories on ael homescreen that are in english (favorites, recently played) that cannot be re added or edited, you can only add normal folders.

Not sure if you will let do that later. In case you wont, I think will be nice to have this categories in multilanguage.

I can collaborate with spanish translation if you need it sometime later, just let me know.

I have no plans to translate AEL right now. Traditional Kodi translation system is ugly and produces a code which is totally unreadable. If that changes then I will consider internationalising AEL.
(2017-02-26, 14:54)foleyjo Wrote: Just an update on some issues I had.
If you remember when I launched a game from AEL it would run at a bad speed in the emulator. I tried different things to fix this and settled on the solution of using a 3rd party app to minimize kodi before the emulator started.

Since updating to Krypton and the latest version of AEL I do not get the reduced speed.
I am using Kodi in full screen mode and not changing to windowed mode before the emulator starts. Emulators are also running in full screen mode and at full speed.

Mmm... something has changed in Krypton compared to Jarvis. AEL launching mechanism has not changed at all. 0.9.6 will introduce some changes to get rid of an old workaround but I hope they won't cause any disruptions.
(2017-02-27, 06:24)jdotp Wrote: Can I ask one more question to the developer.

Basically loving the program, finally configured Kodi to my liking.

Only one issue I have is when playing music and then opening an external app. I have set AEL to continue playing audio when apps are launched via the in-app settings, however even when I play a music play list i.e with automatically playing the next song, the music stops after the initial song has finished playing.

Do you know why this happens and if there is a work-around / fix.

I think it boils down to Kodi hanging / going into 'busy' mode once an external app is launched.

Any help would be appreciated.

Keeping Kodi blocked when a program is launched is an intentional behaviour necessary to avoid problems like the database corruption that plagued old good Advanced Launcher. If you are interested there is a technical explanation a couple of pages before this one. Moving into a non-blocking behaviour will require considerable changes in the Kodi addon API and the C++ core and I guess that's not going to happen anytime soon.
(2017-02-27, 12:23)chrisism Wrote:

Yeah I've done all that and I know I had it working before but maybe something happened when retroarch updated. You can bind hotkeys in Retroarch in order to close and it should bring you back to the AEL menu at least for me thats what it does. I binded R3 to close out in retroarch settings. Its weird but thats the shield and retroarchs relationship in a nutshell basically.
I have added a new view for AEL in Confluence AEL mod. Installation information on the second post. Only for Kodi Krypton.

@trihy I managed to run Fusion on a Windows machine.

I have used the following launcher configuration

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advanced_emulator_launcher_configuration>
<launcher>
  <category>SEGA</category>
  <name>32X (Fusion)</name>
  <platform>Sega 32X</platform>
  <application>E:\Emulators\Fusion364\Fusion.exe</application>
  <args>&quot;$rom$&quot; -32x -auto -fullscreen</args>
  <romext>zip</romext>
  <rompath>E:\AEL-ROMs\sega-32x\</rompath>
  <path_assets>E:\AEL-assets\sega-32x\</path_assets>
</launcher>
</advanced_emulator_launcher_configuration>

Rufoo has managed to run Fusion and I have done it myself. I'm inclined to think that for some reason there could be something weird with your setup Huh if I cannot reproduce the bug I cannot fix it.
One more update of Confluence AEL mod. The ROM List view dynamically changes for MAME ROMs.

I have added a new view for Categories/Launchers that shows Icon, Fanart and Clearlogo.

Hi @wintermute, I made a win 10 clean install. And now fusion is working Big Grin

Wonder why didnt worked only in ael. Even used the same emu folder, previously configured and works fine. Who knows, windows misteries.

Even you dont need -auto -gen or -auto -32x, fusion will do it by itself.

Thanks for all the hard work trying making this work Sad

BTW, I didnt saw an option to edit an already set artwork folder path? There is one? It will be nice in case you want to try another or switch artwork folder.

BTW2 nice skin mod, I still cant make it look that nice, but I ll keep trying. Scraper isnt working good with my roms names. Maybe they are too bad named.

Any easy to use rom renamer? I only used the mame oriented ones in the past, but not sure if they work for other consoles.
(2017-03-03, 01:55)trihy Wrote: Hi @wintermute, I made a win 10 clean install. And now fusion is working Big Grin

Wonder why didnt worked only in ael. Even used the same emu folder, previously configured and works fine. Who knows, windows misteries.

Even you dont need -auto -gen or -auto -32x, fusion will do it by itself.

Thanks for all the hard work trying making this work Sad

Windows, Windows, Windows... these kind of stories remind me why I stopped using it 10 years ago and switched to Linux Big Grin

(2017-03-03, 01:55)trihy Wrote: BTW, I didnt saw an option to edit an already set artwork folder path? There is one? It will be nice in case you want to try another or switch artwork folder.

Edit Launcher >> Manage ROMs >> Change ROMs artwork/asset path. After you change it you have to rescan for the ROMs artwork using a command on same context menu.

(2017-03-03, 01:55)trihy Wrote: BTW2 nice skin mod, I still cant make it look that nice, but I ll keep trying. Scraper isnt working good with my roms names. Maybe they are too bad named.

Any easy to use rom renamer? I only used the mame oriented ones in the past, but not sure if they work for other consoles.

Thanks Big Grin but much better things are yet to come. Confluence AEL mod is just a toy.

Getting artwork for a complete collection is challenging and takes time. Your best bet is Emumovies/Hyperspin but unfortunately they only focus on USA ROMs. In my setup I don't care too much for the artwork of the launchers. However, for Favourites and Collections I do. For example, in a SNES launcher you are going to have about 3000 ROMs. Of those, maybe you will take 50 to your Favourite/Collections: out of the 3000 ROMs, 2000 will be clones and 1000 parents. Of those 1000 parents and according to the Sturgeon's law ("90% of everything is crap" and I would say that for video games should be "95% of all games are crap") you would only wanna play about 100. Then, you can use the scrapers to make your Favs/Collections to look really nice. Keep in mind that the last weeks TheGamesDB (the only source for fanarts, banners and clearlogos) is going extremely slow, at least from Japan where I live.

Yes, if your ROMs have wrong names then the scraper shouldn't work well. However, before scraping you can edit the name of the ROM so you effectively modify the search. To rename your ROMs, I recommend you use No-Intro names. In my opinion, the easiest ROM Managers to use are RomCenter, then RomVault and finally CLRMAMEPro.
Thanks for that info.

Not sure how romcenter works for consoles roms. I ll take a look and start renaming.

About the favourites, I think it s a great idea. I ll start doing some 50-100 favourites per system selection to have better control of names/artworks/etc.
I use the rocketlauncher + AEL to run my emulators with ZERO problems but exist a easy way to add offline scrappers without edit command lines? And exist any way to AEL reconize Rocketlauncher XML lists? Here the link below of a XML

Sony Playstation 2 XML

Thanks again.
@wintermute. Do you think platform selection will be improved? It will be nice to have a pop up menu for selecting the platform so you dont have to go back to emulators root to select another. Dont know, maybe pressing back button to bring a menu. Or use the side standard kodi menu to have this.

These are some ideas, dont take it as a critic.
(2017-03-04, 00:08)sabotendar_kun Wrote: I use the rocketlauncher + AEL to run my emulators with ZERO problems but exist a easy way to add offline scrappers without edit command lines? And exist any way to AEL reconize Rocketlauncher XML lists? Here the link below of a XML

Sony Playstation 2 XML

Thanks again.

AEL Offline scraper XML databases are compatible with HyperList XMLs. The Offline scraper is still in development and currently not all platforms have a database. You can see the most up-to-date list here.

If you want to add custom platforms you have to edit scrap_info.py. First, add the new platform at the end of the platform list AEL_platform_list. Then, add the filename of the database (you can place any HyperList XML file and it will work) in the platform_AEL_to_Offline_GameDBInfo_XML dictionary. The platform name you write in AEL_platform_list must match the name in platform_AEL_to_Offline_GameDBInfo_XML and must be different to any existing platforms. Finally, place the XML database in PLUGIN_DATA_DIR/resources/data/GameDBInfo.

If you desperately want to add custom platforms to AEL in an easy way to use HyperSpin XML lists I can add a new feature so you will edit an XML file like this:

Code:
<AEL_custom_platforms>
<platform name="AAE">E:\HyperList\AAE.xml</platform>
</AEL_custom_platforms>

However... currently the format of AEL Offline's scraper is the same as HyperList but I'm not sure what will happen in the future.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12