• 56(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-03-17, 15:43)Wintermute0110 Wrote: However, if you see something in another Kodi addon that may be useful for AEL then let me know.

AEL is the only Kodi add on that I use.
I think it's great and pretty easy to configure it just seems to go quite slow

Edit: Sorry just want to clarify AEL itself does not go slow. I have a launcher of 3000 Amiga roms with screenshots and it loads up really quickly.
It's when you add images manually it seems to take a long time to save.
(2017-03-17, 16:10)foleyjo Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 15:43)Wintermute0110 Wrote: However, if you see something in another Kodi addon that may be useful for AEL then let me know.

AEL is the only Kodi add on that I use.
I think it's great and pretty easy to configure it just seems to go quite slow

Edit: Sorry just want to clarify AEL itself does not go slow. I have a launcher of 3000 Amiga roms with screenshots and it loads up really quickly.
It's when you add images manually it seems to take a long time to save.

I mean if you see a GUI feature in other Kodi addon that can be useful for AEL. For example, add-on XXX show images this way...

I think the waiting times when scraping metadata/artwork are due to slow responses from the websites. I'm afraid there is nothing I can do.
It's not the scraping that's the issue. I find scraping to be faster than other launchers I've tried. Its when I manually add an image already on my harddrive.
So for example I have game A and want to use image B for the front of the box and image C for the snapshot. First I select game A and go through the menus to change the box image to B. I am then having to wait sometimes a minute for the image to save. Then I repeat for image C.
Now I'm guessing this is due to it having to write the changes to the xml file.
What I'm suggesting is that instead of writing to the xml file write to a different temp xml file and then once you have selected all the images it writes to the full file
Hello,

When I use AEL in Kodi Krypton, the game is launched and I can play but Kodi remains active: my movements with the Gamepad, in game, act on the menu of Kodi !!!
Others games are launched, or movies...
I want to use AEL but i can't do it like that Sad
Could you help me plz ?

I use Xbox One Gamepad ans aeon nox theme. Sorry for my english, i m french.

Thanks
Quick question(s)
If I am using AEL and Arctic Zephyr + ---- I am getting game meta data but none of the thumbnail/fanart/posters are showing up, is this expected or is there an error I can fix?
Trying this for a PC game I have on steam - found the .exe for it within the Steam folder and have searched via TheGamesDB where it has found the game, retrieved the info but no artwork is showing
Did you scrape the images? Try adding an image manually for one of the roms and see if it displays
(2017-03-19, 23:51)Darksmile Wrote: Hello,

When I use AEL in Kodi Krypton, the game is launched and I can play but Kodi remains active: my movements with the Gamepad, in game, act on the menu of Kodi !!!
Others games are launched, or movies...
I want to use AEL but i can't do it like that Sad
Could you help me plz ?

I use Xbox One Gamepad ans aeon nox theme. Sorry for my english, i m french.

Thanks
I had that issue. There is an option you need to select but I can't think what it is off the top of m head
(2017-03-20, 19:20)foleyjo Wrote: Did you scrape the images? Try adding an image manually for one of the roms and see if it displays

I thought by searching the metadata it would automatically scrape the images as well?
I'm curious if I'm missing a step or if its skin related
(2017-03-17, 15:47)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-03-16, 21:48)blinken Wrote: -f -g launch commands worked. I tried them before to no avail. I literally spent an hour trying to get those commands to work. They worked today for some reason. Can't explain it but it must be my fault... Thanks for the help.

Great it worked Big Grin I know sometimes is tricky to configure AEL... some quotes missing and nothing works, etc.

OK, now that you got it working, if you are using 0.9.6-beta1 then go to AEL settings >> IO tab >> "Export launcher configuration ..." This will save an XML file with the configuration of all your launchers. Copy and paste the <launcher> section for CEmu on Windows and post it here so I can add it to the AEL asset library so other users can configure CEmu quickly.

Code:
-<launcher>

<name>Nintendo WII U</name>

<category>Emuladores</category>

<year>2012</year>

<genre/>

<studio>Nintendo</studio>

<rating/>

<plot>Discover an exciting new way to enjoy home entertainment with Wii U, Nintendo's next home console. With a revolutionary new touch screen controller, precision motion controls, and full HD graphics, a whole new world of play styles and gaming possibilities is on the horizon. The time is coming to truly expand your idea about what a game console is - and can be.</plot>

<platform>Nintendo Wii U</platform>

<application>E:\Kodi\Emuladores\Cemu\Cemu_cracked.exe</application>

<args>/high -f -g "%rom%"</args>

<args_extra/>

<rompath>D:\Games-Emulados\WIIU\ROM\</rompath>

<romext>wud|rpx|WUD|RPX</romext>

<path_assets>D:\Games-Emulados\WIIU\MEDIA</path_assets>

</launcher>

Added xbox 360 config.

Code:
-<launcher>

<name>Xbox 360</name>

<category>Emuladores</category>

<year>2005</year>

<genre/>

<studio>Microsoft Game Studios</studio>

<rating/>

<plot>Xbox 360 puts you at the center of the most exciting games and entertainment experiences on earth. Xbox 360 not only has the best, highest-rated games, and the most robust title library, but it also offers access to the industry-leading Xbox LIVE service and tailored digital entertainment experiences that revolve around you.</plot>

<platform>Microsoft Xbox 360</platform>

<application>E:\Kodi\Emuladores\Xenia\xenia.exe</application>

<args>--fullscreen --gpu=gl4 "%rom%"</args>

<args_extra/>

<rompath>E:\Kodi\Games\Xbox 360\ROM\</rompath>

<romext>xex|XEX</romext>

<path_assets>E:\Kodi\Games\Xbox 360\MEDIA</path_assets>

</launcher>
(2017-03-21, 01:13)pauly3069 Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 19:20)foleyjo Wrote: Did you scrape the images? Try adding an image manually for one of the roms and see if it displays

I thought by searching the metadata it would automatically scrape the images as well?
I'm curious if I'm missing a step or if its skin related

Metadata and assets are scraped independently of each other. It could be that your asset settings are not correct or that no images were found on the site you were scraping from.
By manually scraping the assets for a rom you will be able to make sure an image downloads and is displayed.
Another way to check if the assets have downloaded is to look in the folder you set for the assets and see if there are any image files. They should have the same name as the rom so if there is an image found check the Rom in AEL to see if it is displayed
Hi @Wintermute0110

Any plans to be possible to create a Category inside a category?

Example:

I had a PC Games Category, and inide this, my pc games e.g.:

Braid
Limbo
Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver
Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver 2
Legacy of Kain - Defiance
Need for Speed - Carbon
Silent Hill
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 4 - The Room
Streets Of Rage Remake
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition

And I realize that I can make series or sagas like this:

Braid
Limbo
Legacy of Kain Saga
Need for Speed - Carbon
Silent Hill Series
Streets Of Rage Remake
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition

This way we can create custon "nodes".
@sagrath Why not create ROM Collections from your sagas?
(2017-03-22, 14:49)Wintermute0110 Wrote: @sagrath Why not create ROM Collections from your sagas?

Because it´s a Pc Games, not roms. I know, I can create a rom collection for pc games, but, I can´t insert this inside Pc Games category.
(2017-03-22, 22:24)sagrath Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 14:49)Wintermute0110 Wrote: @sagrath Why not create ROM Collections from your sagas?

Because it´s a Pc Games, not roms. I know, I can create a rom collection for pc games, but, I can´t insert this inside Pc Games category.
If they are standalone launchers then create lnk files so you will convert the standalone launchers into ROMs. Then you will have access to collections. Also, it's much easier and quicker to create a lnk file than a standalone launcher i think.
(2017-03-22, 22:27)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 22:24)sagrath Wrote:

If they are standalone launchers then create lnk files so you will convert the standalone launchers into ROMs. Then you will have access to collections. Also, it's much easier and quicker to create a lnk file than a standalone launcher i think.

Tis is good to know!
But, If I use .lnk as a "rom", what "laucher" I must use? explorer.exe? Works?
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12