• 63(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-05-20, 10:53)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 20:04)dmakk Wrote: That could probably be changed to update ROMs.

What you mean, can you explain better?

I meant "Add ROMs" could be changed to "Update ROMs", and "Scan for New ROMs" could be changed to "Scan to add and remove ROMs". I never thought to try to remove ROMs that way. I went to "Edit Launcher" -> "Manage ROM List" -> "Remove dead/missing ROMs" to remove them.

(2017-05-20, 10:53)Wintermute0110 Wrote: In PClone view, parents are always shown regardless of the filtering settings. I implemented the filter in this way to deal with situations like this: you have set the filter "Have ROMs" and you have a PClone set where the parent is Missing but you have one of the clones. The Missing parent will be displayed always and when you enter the parent ROM only the Have clones will be shown and not the Missing Parent.

Regarding artwork: missing ROMs are not supposed to have assets, because they are not suppose to exist! The artwork is set/scanned by the ROM scanner, and the scanner only processes Have ROMs. In your setup, I think that the Parent ROM is a Missing ROM, and the clone ROMs are Have ROMs (correct me if I'm wrong). However, I believe that you can use the "Edit Launcher" context menu >> "Manage ROM List" >> "Rescan ROMs local assets/artwork". That should pick up locally available artwork even for missing ROMs.

Have a try and if it doesn't work as expected I will have a look.

I still have the artwork issue. I should have made that post a little clearer. This issue is present when I have no missing ROMs. When I view my setup through Normal View (pic 1), the artwork is there for all ROMs, including parents and clones. When I view the same setup through Parent/Clone View, there is no parent artwork in the main list (pic 2). When I drill down to the parent and clones of a set (pic 3), the artwork for the parent is shown.

watch gallery
Hi Wintermute,

I'm having problems launching Retroarch via a bash script. This script worked fine in 0.9.5 but stopped in 9.6 beta.

Code:
21:49:48.194 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Launching ROM in Launcher ...
21:49:48.211 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Using Launcher standard arguments
21:49:48.211 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Sigle ROM detected (no multidisc)
21:49:48.211 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() ROMFileName OP "/home/pi/roms/mastersystem/Action Fighter/Action Fighter (UE) [!].sms"
21:49:48.211 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() ROMFileName  P "/home/pi/roms/mastersystem/Action Fighter/Action Fighter (UE) [!].sms"
21:49:48.211 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() categoryID   root_category
21:49:48.211 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() launcherID   7e94b9f6af7b4320a95811eab2ba5fb4
21:49:48.211 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romID        2dc4ef9657091f837c54c29b24855be9
21:49:48.211 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romfile      "/home/pi/roms/mastersystem/Action Fighter/Action Fighter (UE) [!].sms"
21:49:48.212 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() rompath      "/home/pi/roms/mastersystem/Action Fighter"
21:49:48.212 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() rombase      "Action Fighter (UE) [!].sms"
21:49:48.212 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() rombasenoext "Action Fighter (UE) [!]"
21:49:48.212 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romtitle     "Action Fighter (UE) [!]"
21:49:48.212 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() application  "/home/pi/run.sh"
21:49:48.212 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() apppath      "/home/pi"
21:49:48.212 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romext       "sms"
21:49:48.212 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() raw arguments   "-L "$rom$""
21:49:48.212 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() final arguments "-L "/home/pi/roms/mastersystem/Action Fighter/Action Fighter (UE) [!].sms""
21:49:48.217 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : fs_write_Favourites_JSON() File special://profile/addon_data/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/most_played.json
21:49:48.220 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Launcher is not Kodi Retroplayer.
21:49:48.894 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL ERROR: SingleInstance::__exit__() Unhandled excepcion in protected code
21:49:48.920 T:1836053424   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
                                            Error Contents: [Errno 8] Exec format error
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/addon.py", line 39, in <module>
                                                main.Main().run_plugin()
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 248, in run_plugin
                                                with SingleInstance(): self.run_protected(args)
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 339, in run_protected
                                                self._command_run_rom(args['catID'][0], args['launID'][0], args['romID'][0])
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 6743, in _command_run_rom
                                                self._run_process(application.getPath(), arguments, apppath, romext)
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 6845, in _run_process
                                                retcode = subprocess.call(exec_list, stdout = f, stderr = subprocess.STDOUT)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 522, in call
                                                return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
                                                errread, errwrite)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1335, in _execute_child
                                                raise child_exception
                                            OSError: [Errno 8] Exec format error
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

It seems AEL keeps trying to launch this as RetroPlayer even though the launcher is not being set up this way? A fresh categories.xml isn't making any difference?

Thanks
Thx for the new version.

I now have a menu item that is called browse offline scraper. Anyway to remove the item form the menu as i dont need it?
(2017-05-21, 00:36)dmakk Wrote: I meant "Add ROMs" could be changed to "Update ROMs", and "Scan for New ROMs" could be changed to "Scan to add and remove ROMs". I never thought to try to remove ROMs that way. I went to "Edit Launcher" -> "Manage ROM List" -> "Remove dead/missing ROMs" to remove them.

The idea is that "Add ROMs" brings the launcher up-to-date. Most users will use just that command.

"Remove dead/missing ROMs" is more like a plumbing command, only intended for advanced users.

(2017-05-21, 00:36)dmakk Wrote: I still have the artwork issue. I should have made that post a little clearer. This issue is present when I have no missing ROMs. When I view my setup through Normal View (pic 1), the artwork is there for all ROMs, including parents and clones. When I view the same setup through Parent/Clone View, there is no parent artwork in the main list (pic 2). When I drill down to the parent and clones of a set (pic 3), the artwork for the parent is shown.

Have you tried to update the audit of your ROM with the new version? Just to make sure, go to launcher context menu >> "Edit Launcher" >> "Audit ROMs / Launcher view mode" >> "Update ROM audit" and report back.
(2017-05-22, 12:00)kjb85 Wrote: Hi Wintermute,

I'm having problems launching Retroarch via a bash script. This script worked fine in 0.9.5 but stopped in 9.6 beta.

Code:
21:49:48.220 T:1836053424   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Launcher is not Kodi Retroplayer.

It seems AEL keeps trying to launch this as RetroPlayer even though the launcher is not being set up this way? A fresh categories.xml isn't making any difference?

AEL is not using Retroplayer for the launcher. Problem must be somewhere else. In your log the Log level is set to INFO. Can you please post another log with the Log Level set to debug? Go to addon settings, IO tab and set the AEL Log Level to DEBUG. Do not set Kodi log level to debug, only AEL.
(2017-05-22, 12:54)budtz Wrote: Thx for the new version.

I now have a menu item that is called browse offline scraper. Anyway to remove the item form the menu as i dont need it?

Yes, forgot to include a "Hide ..." option in addon settings. Will fix ASAP.
(2017-05-23, 14:31)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-05-21, 00:36)dmakk Wrote: I still have the artwork issue. I should have made that post a little clearer. This issue is present when I have no missing ROMs. When I view my setup through Normal View (pic 1), the artwork is there for all ROMs, including parents and clones. When I view the same setup through Parent/Clone View, there is no parent artwork in the main list (pic 2). When I drill down to the parent and clones of a set (pic 3), the artwork for the parent is shown.

Have you tried to update the audit of your ROM with the new version? Just to make sure, go to launcher context menu >> "Edit Launcher" >> "Audit ROMs / Launcher view mode" >> "Update ROM audit" and report back.

I've updated the audit, but the issue is still there. The artwork is only missing from the main list of games. It's there when looking at the parent and clones.
(2017-05-24, 05:32)dmakk Wrote:
(2017-05-23, 14:31)Wintermute0110 Wrote:

I've updated the audit, but the issue is still there. The artwork is only missing from the main list of games. It's there when looking at the parent and clones.

OK. I will try to reproduce and fix the problem. At least I understand now exactly what the problem is.
(2017-05-23, 14:37)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-05-22, 12:54)budtz Wrote: Thx for the new version.

Yes, forgot to include a "Hide ..." option in addon settings. Will fix ASAP.

Thx it works now
(2017-05-24, 08:30)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 05:32)dmakk Wrote:
(2017-05-23, 14:31)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Have you tried to update the audit of your ROM with the new version? Just to make sure, go to launcher context menu >> "Edit Launcher" >> "Audit ROMs / Launcher view mode" >> "Update ROM audit" and report back.

OK. I will try to reproduce and fix the problem. At least I understand now exactly what the problem is.

I just downloaded the latest version from github, and the issue is gone. As of now i have no issues with my setup.
Hey, thanks for the responses and sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you.

(2017-05-15, 12:23)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: 2) When scraping for a single item, you're brought back to the Rom list after every search, meaning that for every image or data value you import you need to submenu>edit rom>Edit Assets Artwork > Edit. It would be far more user friendly to return back to whatever menu was open before scraping and, as mentioned in 1) be able to search for all data/images at one time.

This is because of Kodi limited GUI controls. In theory, I can change the plugin so when you press cancel on a context menu you go back to the previous menu. However, that will increase the complexity of the code a lot. I will think about this and maybe make some tests on simple context menus like "Edit categories". If it works well then I will improve all context menus.
Thanks for considering this. I realize this is a hole in Kodi but without automating scrapers for either all attributes in a rom or all roms in a set, going one by one can be time consuming. I know the focus is on image collections, but particularly for rarer systems and roms it can be hard to find a set with the images you needs (same for people used to having artwork from a specific region). If bulk import is not an option, then minimizing the time to manually import would be greatly appreciated.

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: 4) There's no way to use Gamefaqs to search for boxfronts or fanart. If this is because Gamefaqs doesn't let you search by type (title, logo, fanart etc.) it might be usefull to have AEL search all items and allow the user to chose which to use.

Yes. Each scraper only supports some assets, not all of them.

How you propose to implement this feature with Kodi GUI?
This might require some additional thought, but maybe have a two-pronged approach where 1) scrapers are indicated by both site and image type (for example: Gamefaqs would become two scrapers "Gamefaqs (Game Box Shots)" and Gamefaqs (Reader Screenshots)") and then 2) users can assign scrapers arbitrarily to data type in settings (so then you'd set Boxfronts=Gamefaqs (Game Box Shots), Fanart=Gamefaqs (Reader Screenshots). This would require splitting all of the current scrapers into their data types, but would add a lot more flexibility for what sites we use for what data.

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: I also couldn't seem to get most of the online scrapers to get data. I found one that worked for fanart but I didn't find any box art no matter what scraper I used

Sometimes the scrapers work very slow, particularly TheGamesDB. From Japan, I think the faster scraper is MobyGames. Anyway, I will check the scrapers just in case the webmasters introduced changes in the HTML.
This seems to be improved greatly in the latest release (0.9.6 non beta). The only problem I still have is with Gamefaqs which seems to give me an error no matter what I search for (note that I'm able to the search the site just fine from the web so I am not IP blocked yet).

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: Importing
6) When importing a database from Advanced Launcher, all AL-based launchers show "No Roms" instead of the proper ROM count at the top level.

After you change anything from the launcher the number of ROMs will be updated. I will add a fix for this.

Also, note that the AL importer was useful long time ago, when AL and AEL had a lot in common. Now, AEL has diverged quite a lot from AL. If you want to use your ROM collection in AEL I recommend to setup AEL from the beginning as opposed to use the importer.

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: 7) All roms imported from Advanced Launcher copy their rom covers image over to the AEL Title attribute instead of boxfront/cabinet which is the more common usage (at least, as far as I know). It also means that roms imported from AL do not have any cover artwork shown (at least in Rapier Skin)

Yes... this is related with the previous issue. When importing AL roms, AL thumb is imported as Title and AL fanart is imported as fanart. I can change importing thumb to boxfront. However, this will not work for MAME roms, which do not have boxfront... As I said in issue 6), I believe now is better to start your AEL configuration from scratch setting all the directories for your assets from the beginning instead of using the AL importer.
Understood. The only request I have then is, given my huge AL setup I'd like some sort of easy way of transferring my current images to AEL. Is there a way to like copy over my current AL covers folder into the corresponding boxfront folder and have AEL see the images there during scraping? Or is there some way of zipping my current cover collection and use that as the offline boxfront scraper?

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: 8) When importing roms from a folder with nfo files for each rom included in the same folder as the roms, AEL does not import the nfo metadata even when AEL is set to import metadata from nfos/locally

This issue happens when you use AEL ROM scanner? If so, can you please post an XML launcher configuration and an NFO file example?
This doesn't seem to be a problem in 0.9.6

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: Multidisk Support
9) Multidisk support does not seem to support assigning arbitrary file names to the sub discs (Ex: "Metal Gear Solid (Disc 2) (VR Missions)). If the file names differ between discs 1 and the other discs, the other discs won't be added to the set.

There could be bugs in the multidisc filename extractor. Can you send an example of all discs in a set that should belong to the same set but are not included? I will have a look.

Here are a few:
Metal Gear Solid (Disc 1 of 3).cue
Metal Gear Solid (Disc 2 of 3).cue
Metal Gear Solid (Disc 3 of 3) - VR Missions.cue

Gets scraped as
Metal Gear Solid Huh Disc 1 (with Disc 2 in set)
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions

Gran Turismo 2 (Disc 1)(Arcade Disk).cue
Gran Turismo 2 (Disc 2)(Simulation Disk).cue

Gets scraped as
Gran Turismo 2 Huh Arcade Mode
Gran Tursimo 2 Huh Simulation Mode

And
Biohazard 2 (Disc 1 of 2){Leon Disk (English)}.cue
Biohazard 2 (Disc 2 of 2){Claire Disk (English)}.cue

Get scraped as
Biohazard 2
Biohazard 2

Finally, I noticed a new issue. When scanning multidisk roms and particularly multidisc roms with named roms, AEL will add corrupted text between the rom name and the disc indicator
Example from saved nfo: <title>Gran Turismo 2 ��� Arcade Mode</title>
As mentioned above, in a lot of cases games that should be included together (GT2 Arcade and Sim Mode or MGS+VR missions the separate discs are getting their own entries in AEL.

As always, thanks for your help!
Hi all, I just upgrade my Kodi (v15.2 Isengard to v17.1 Krypton) and Openelec (v6.0.3 to v8.0.3) f today on my Raspberry Pi 2 Model B.
Everything works except for retro gaming.

Previously, I used Advanced Launcher with Retroarch v1.3 to play NES/SNES/Sega roms.
After I upgraded to Krypton, Advanced Launcher failed to work. Each time, I use Advanced Launcher to play a game, Kodi reboots.
I read that Advanced Launcher is incompatible with Krypton and so I installed AEL. However, AEL gives the same problem, i.e., each time I launch a rom, Kodi reboots.

Appreciate any advice.

Thank you all.
GIG Rufoo ever release the work-in-progress views shown on the front page here?
I would love to switch over from AL to AEL, but always get an error when trying to import my game lists over to AEL. Is there some kind a log I could provide to get some help? Don't want to add everything from anew...
(2017-05-27, 17:07)zwerty Wrote: Hi all, I just upgrade my Kodi (v15.2 Isengard to v17.1 Krypton) and Openelec (v6.0.3 to v8.0.3) f today on my Raspberry Pi 2 Model B.
Everything works except for retro gaming.

Previously, I used Advanced Launcher with Retroarch v1.3 to play NES/SNES/Sega roms.
After I upgraded to Krypton, Advanced Launcher failed to work. Each time, I use Advanced Launcher to play a game, Kodi reboots.
I read that Advanced Launcher is incompatible with Krypton and so I installed AEL. However, AEL gives the same problem, i.e., each time I launch a rom, Kodi reboots.

Appreciate any advice.

Thank you all.

That's a very weird problem. Is the reboot caused by a kernel panic? Do you see an screen like this one?

• 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12