• 16(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-10-14, 09:23)Rufoo Wrote:
(2016-10-14, 07:35)RallyeBourne Wrote: Do you happen to know if it can run an x86 program on an ARM?

ARM / x86. Completely different architectures.

Have to use a translator / emulator of sorts. Such as Bochs or Exagear - https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/

Supposedly there has been WINE in development for ARM for ages. Even then, with any of these things mileage will vary extremely.

However, none of this subject matter has to do with AEL and your questions may be better posed in some of the hardware areas. AEL simply serves as a launcher for applications for the chosen hardware, it serves no binary translation purposes.

My apologies, I misunderstood. I thought it was similar to wine/playonlinux/exagear.

Sent from my iPhone
one question... is it possible, now or as a future feature, to auto-detect/assing artworks for roms, based on the same name of the rom but in another folder? I mean I have my rom lists created with no-intro game names and I have in another folder all graphic assets for the roms (from libretro) with the same name as each rom, can I easily display all these artworks not having to assings each one manually?

thanks for your work!
(2016-10-15, 00:44)bite_your_idols Wrote: one question... is it possible, now or as a future feature, to auto-detect/assing artworks for roms, based on the same name of the rom but in another folder? I mean I have my rom lists created with no-intro game names and I have in another folder all graphic assets for the roms (from libretro) with the same name as each rom, can I easily display all these artworks not having to assings each one manually?

thanks for your work!

You are welcomed.

I think you can do it right now. Go to "Edit Launcher" context menu, "Manage ROM list...", "Choose ROMs asset directories...". Change the directory of the asset you want and point to the new directory. Repeat if you want to change more asset directories. Finally, "Edit Launcher, "Manage ROM List...", "Rescan ROM local assets/artwork".
Hell yeah! It works. XD this addon has a lot of secret features.
If only somebody can add some viewtypes for estuary...

Thanks again!
(2016-10-16, 07:45)bite_your_idols Wrote: Hell yeah! It works. XD this addon has a lot of secret features.
If only somebody can add some viewtypes for estuary...

Thanks again!

Be a little bit patient... views will come Smile
New AEL release 0.9.4

Release notes

Release 0.9.4 fixes some bugs from 0.9.3 and incorporates some new nice features. First, the repairing/relinking of Favourite and ROM collections has been improved a lot. You can find more details of this on the AEL Wiki. Also, ROM/Standalone launchers can be created on the addon root. Two new virtual launchers have been added: Recently played ROMs and Most played ROMs. The Most played ROMs virtual launcher looks like this:

Lastly, a feature hard-core users will love is the Parent/Clone view for ROM launchers. When using a Parent/Clone view, when you click on a launcher you are presented with the list of parents:

Parent ROMs cannot be launched. Instead, when you click on a Parent ROM, you enter a list of the parent plus all the clones:

In order to create a PClone launcher, first add a NoIntro Parent/Clone XML Dat (Edit Launcher --> Manage ROM List --> Add No-Intro XML DAT). When downloading the DAT from DAT-o-Matic, remember to use a Parent/Clone DAT (not a normal DAT).

Then, audit your ROMs (Edit Launcher --> Manage ROM List --> Audit ROMs using No-Intro XML PClone DAT).

Finally, enable the Parent/Clone view (Edit Launcher --> Manage ROM List --> Change launcher view mode). You can change the launcher back to normal view at any time.

Extrafanart for Categories/Launchers/ROMs will be left for 0.9.5.

Advanced Emulator Launcher | version 0.9.4 | 16 October 2016

FEATURE Create ROM and standalone launchers in addon root. "Categoryless" launchers.

FEATURE Improve the repairing for Favourite/Collection ROMs once and for all.

FEATURE Parent/Clone launcher display option when using No-Intro DATs.

FEATURE [Recently played ROMs] Virtual Launcher. List of ROMs played in reverse chronological order.

FEATURE [Most played ROMs] Virtual Launcher. Histogram of how many times a ROM has been played, ordered by the number of times a ROM has been played.

FIX Fixed loading of No-Intro files.

FIX Fixed "Edit Launcher" >> "Choose default Assets/Artwork..."

FIX Fixed "Add new Launcher" context menu in non-Windows platforms.
Cool, and many thanks for the new features.

I am trying to setup a few skin shortcuts and cannot figure out what are the correct commands with AEL

1. I had a shortcut that linked to All Games (All level 0 items/roms whatever the launcher is, the whole collection). With AL it was doable using the following command
ActivateWindow(10001,"plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?/%%SEARCH_ITEM%%",return). Is this something that is doable in AEL and what would be the correct command?
2. I would like to had an update item in the menu, that would update all virtual database/nodes, without having to go back into AEL addon and right click update database.
Can I do this with a command using UPDATE_ALL_VCATEGORIES, what would be the complete correct command?
3. Last, I setup a couple of collections, one for Shmups and one for Beat em all. It seems you can set poster/arts for collections. I tried to give a poster to the collections, but whatever i do it is not displayed.

Thanks
(2016-10-17, 22:04)RazorFR Wrote: 1. I had a shortcut that linked to All Games (All level 0 items/roms whatever the launcher is, the whole collection). With AL it was doable using the following command
ActivateWindow(10001,"plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?/%%SEARCH_ITEM%%",return). Is this something that is doable in AEL and what would be the correct command?

Global searches were removed in AEL. Reason is that they are "expensive": when I first designed AEL, I though on a user (myself? Big Grin) that has about 15 launchers, the most typical console systems, and each having about 1000 ROMs on average, plus about 10,000 MAME parent ROMs, we are talking about 25,000 ROMs. Clearly, Advanced Launcher was exasperating in such a setup because the more ROMs you add to your launchers the slower AL becomes for every operation, even just browsing launchers.

In AEL each launcher ROM database is stored in a separate JSON file, so loading/searching one launcher is fast. However, for a global search ALL JSON files of all launchers must be loaded. For such a setup, displaying all ROMs does not make much sense and also will be terribly slow (although Advanced MAME Launcher has proven that collections of 25,000 ROMs can be loaded in about 10 seconds on my setup: Intel NUC i5 3 years old). Having said that, I understand there are many users that have much less ROMs in their setup and maybe displaying all ROMs from all launchers makes sense.

Instead of doing an empty search to display all ROMs, which is inefficient because you have to do the searching for each ROM even if the search string is empty, I will create a new command for you to display all ROMs in all launchers so it can be used by skins. Will be there in 0.9.5.

(2016-10-17, 22:04)RazorFR Wrote: 2. I would like to had an update item in the menu, that would update all virtual database/nodes, without having to go back into AEL addon and right click update database.
Can I do this with a command using UPDATE_ALL_VCATEGORIES, what would be the complete correct command?

Try this:

Code:
RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/?com=UPDATE_ALL_VCATEGORIES")

If it does not work try this:

Code:
RunAddon("plugin://plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/?com=UPDATE_ALL_VCATEGORIES")

(2016-10-17, 22:04)RazorFR Wrote: 3. Last, I setup a couple of collections, one for Shmups and one for Beat em all. It seems you can set poster/arts for collections. I tried to give a poster to the collections, but whatever i do it is not displayed.

Does it work for thumb/fanart and NOT for poster? Also, make sure you configure the default artwork displayed for thumb. If problems persist I will have a look.
(2016-10-18, 08:13)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Instead of doing an empty search to display all ROMs, which is inefficient because you have to do the searching for each ROM even if the search string is empty, I will create a new command for you to display all ROMs in all launchers so it can be used by skins. Will be there in 0.9.5.

Fair enough. I understand why you removed some features. The rotal roms view is cool though (for those who don't have a huge mame library ). It's like browsing a movie library.
BTW when searching any of my launchers I also get an error message. Kodi log as follows (not sure what this u'roms_xml is or if I have one)

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: (u'roms_xml_file',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\addon.py", line 47, in <module>
plugin.run_plugin()
File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 253, in run_plugin
self._command_search_launcher(args['catID'][0], args['launID'][0])
File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 4163, in _command_search_launcher
if not os.path.isfile(self.launchers[launcherID]['roms_xml_file']):
KeyError: (u'roms_xml_file',)

(2016-10-18, 08:13)Wintermute0110 Wrote: RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/?com=UPDATE_ALL_VCATEGORIES")

Working perfectly. Thanks! Sorry about the commands requests. The update menu is currently only available when going into the AEL plugin with the context menu. With most recent skins you don't usually go into the addon itself as they (heavily) rely on skin shortcuts. So you just create shortcuts to the views and commands you're interested in.

(2016-10-18, 08:13)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Does it work for thumb/fanart and NOT for poster? Also, make sure you configure the default artwork displayed for thumb. If problems persist I will have a look.

Tried poster and fanart and changing default artworks but nothing works.

Anyway thanks for your previous feedbacks.
@RazorFR Will look at the bug when doing searches. I haven't updated the search code in a long time so probably needs some refactoring to adapt to the new AEL features. Also, will have a look at ROM Collections artwork.

EDIT: the error/exception you get is because the ROM database entry does not have a field named 'roms_xml_file' The cause is that I renamed that database field long ago but forgot to update the name in the search command code.

I have a petition for you: can I integrate your poster collection into AEL Asset Library? You will be credited on the README file.
You're welcome. Updated with a couple more for N64 and battle.net.
Hello to all. excuse me for my bad English.

I have installed the latest version of AEL.
The system I use is Libreelec with kodi 17.
I configured AEL, with retroarch.
I can import the games, and I can start them.
I can not see any artwork ... even when importing see download artwork from mobigames.com

Why can not I see no picture? where am I wrong?

In the destination folder of the artwork, I see the downloaded files.

the program will only see the name of the game. some see the kind

thank you and excuse me
(2016-10-18, 16:05)rik81 Wrote: Hello to all. excuse me for my bad English.

I have installed the latest version of AEL.
The system I use is Libreelec with kodi 17.
I configured AEL, with retroarch.
I can import the games, and I can start them.
I can not see any artwork ... even when importing see download artwork from mobigames.com

Why can not I see no picture? where am I wrong?

In the destination folder of the artwork, I see the downloaded files.

the program will only see the name of the game. some see the kind

thank you and excuse me

For Categories/Launchers the default is to map thumb to thumb and fanart to fanart, so there should be no problem (unless some bug slipped into 0.9.4). For ROMs, probably you have to adjust the defaults, have a look at this post.

If problem persists post again, and be more specific about what you do. For example: 1) In a ROM launcher, I select ROM X. 2) ROM X has boxfront, boxback, etc. and I can see them when I choose context menu "Edit ROM" -> "Set default artwork". 3) However, boxfront does not show up as thumb in Skin YYYYY.

Keep in mind that current Kodi skins only display thumb/fanart or poster/fanart at the same time. Soon there will be views tailored to AEL that make use of all AEL's artwork capabilities Big Grin
is this going to work with PC Games like Fifa 17 and Assassin's Creed, etc. ..?
(2016-10-18, 22:09)3000 Wrote: is this going to work with PC Games like Fifa 17 and Assassin's Creed, etc. ..?

It *already* works launching any application in all platforms supported by Kodi, including games. For what you want, you have 2 options:

1) For every game you want to launch create a standalone launcher, and the launcher program is the EXE you want to run.

2) You create a folder, for example, c:/Games/. For every game you want to launch, you create a LNK file pointing to the game executable and place it in c:/Games/. Create another directory to store assets, for example, c:/Games-assets/. Finally, create a ROM LNK launcher. The "ROMs" will be the LNK files pointing to your games.

The advantages of 2) over 1) are that you have access to AEL's features for ROMs, like Favourites and extended artwork. Also, I think is less work to create a LNK file than a standalone launcher in AEL.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12