[Solved] Codec " Buffer % and Cache Size
uh^^ never took notice about the seekbar. at all i think it's usefull in the process info too Smile
Put
Code:
playerdebug
in your keymaps.

That shows some of the missing info.

I use
Code:
<o mod="ctrl">playerdebug</o>
for Windows.
That's odd. I do not have it on either of my systems. One is running the latest release and the other the latest beta. V17 nightly from a few days ago.

Rob
What don't you have? You have to edit your keymaps file manually and add the playerdebug action.
So if I want that percentage you show, I have to mod one of the .xml files? Just not sure what to add or where.

Sorry..

Rob
Ahh... Now I know what you mean Smile

The cache level in the seekbar is only visible when the player is caching.

But I'll add it somewhere in the player process info dialog as well.
Player cache level added to player process info dialog (top right):

Thread mark as solved.
(2016-09-13, 14:24)Gade Wrote: Player cache level added to player process info dialog (top right):

Thread mark as solved.

Apologies if I am talking at cross purposes.

When pressing the letter 'O' amongst other data I am able to see CPU usage as a % for each CPU, Buffering in MB and could see how slow or fast the amount of data buffered was going up or down giving me an idea of how fast the data was being streamed.

Will this still be available in Kodi 17?
Already answered in a previous post: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2404649

The data available in Krypton is in the above player progress info dialog and the playerdebug overlay.
You have to add the playerdebug overlay to a keymap yourself, as it's not available otherwise.
(2016-09-13, 16:51)Gade Wrote: Already answered in a previous post: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2404649

The data available in Krypton is in the above player progress info dialog and the playerdebug overlay.
You have to add the playerdebug overlay to a keymap yourself, as it's not available otherwise.

Is CPU Usage a % of total across all CPUs?

What does "Buffer Level 100%" mean?

Currently I see 'C(ad: 0.250, a/v: 0.045, edl:-, dcpu: 1% acpu: 0% vcpu: 0% forward: 149.9 MB 100% ) the 100% never changes, the 149.9 goes up and down depending on how much data is cached.
CPU usage is pointless in kodi because the dialog that you call also uses a shitload of CPU
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-09-13, 17:26)Martijn Wrote: CPU usage is pointless in kodi because the dialog that you call also uses a shitload of CPU

I have found it a useful indicator, when both CPUs are near maximum 95%+ I normally start getting stuttering, pixalation and stopping or loss of sound, anything less than 70% plays OK, this was when I had an old 2 CPU box. If this happened I found reducing the stream quality helped say from 1080 to 720 significantly reduced the CPU load allowing the box to cope, I necessary reduce to 480.

I used the % loading of the CPUs as an indicator as to how hard the box was being worked, rather than an absolute measure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Codec " Buffer % and Cache Size0