I need help to start with my skin please
Hi!

This is my first post and thread in this forum. I´m spanish, so sorry for my English expression Sad
I want to create an skin for xbmc, but I need some easy faq to start doing something.

Can you give me some a guide or faq, or a web address to start with my skin?

thanks
Try the Skin Development stuff in the wiki:

Wiki: Skin Development

Then the best thing to do is look at the other skins (particularly PMIII, Vision and xTV) and see how they are coded.

Have fun!
He does have a point, has anyone ever created a "bare bones" skin, I mean something very simple, but using the different features available (perhaps even commented in the skin next to the function)? Not only would it make new skinners able to mess around easier, but it could also be the skeleton skin for building new skins on top of, eliminating the need to butcher PM3 (rather then starting from scratch). I'm thinking solid color boxes, and simple menus, and easy to understand image labels.

Just a thought. Smile
I've got some ideas for a new skin that I'm hoping to get started in the next few days and I'd like to start it from scratch as much as possible. To get this going I'll probably end up creating a minimum set of files for a skin which could be used as a starting point for others.

I don't think it will be very functional at all (once you start putting functionality in it then you start moving it in a certain direction) but it could be useful for others wanting to create their own skins.
I to am currently developing a simplified skin...... but the animations are quite complexed and it isnt labeled to well but it is about about 1/3 the size functionality/code wise of PM3. My goal is just to make it a media selector and make it look real stylish and simple as possible to sit and play stuff.
cant wait to see it BP
If someone wants to take a look at the stuff and concept and wants to adapt it over to a fully featured skin, or agree with the concept and want to help.... PM me.

I changed the SVN a little to allow for a few features but ill be trying to get SVN changed (even submit a patch) or removed the features so it conforms with the SVN.

QUESTIONS to any skinner....
a) Is it poss to have 2 containers working at the same time eg a list that you are moving and focusing on and a wraplist that is following what you are doing in the first list container.
b) Also I cant get <angle> to work on the selected item info tag and it will only render left to right not on it side... is there any way to do this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I need help to start with my skin please0