Win New User-Help Needed (Playlists/Media Classification)
Hello, all. Before I ask questions, I wanted to say I tried FAQs/Wiki and either am poor at searching, not using correct terminology or simply clueless.I DLed/installed/set up Kodi to the best of my abilities and am having some trouble sorting out playlists and video categorization. First, the playlists.

My music playlists show up under Music>Files. It's not as if there's a stand-alone category for playlists.Is there a way to set playlists up where they're readily accessible instead of going through folders? If so, how do your configure things to do so?

Now, video classifications-I can't get things sorted where a TV series or music video is recognized as such. Everything seems to get classified as movies and when I change the scraper to TVDB etc., I can't seem to get information for the right type of video. IDK; maybe it's because every video I have is in Users>Videos and is not distinguished by TV/Movies/Music Videos like Kodi.

Any help is appreciated and Thanks.
welcome - the below two links should get you sorted. sounds like a file structure thing.

http://kodi.wiki/view/video_management#Preparing_files

http://kodi.wiki/view/quick_start_guide
Music playlists I can't help with.

For videos try the following:
Change the content of the users>videos folder to 'none' and follow the prompts to remove from the library.

Within Users>videos set up a 'Movies' folder.
Stick a few films in there.
They need to be named exactly as on the TMDB to avoid problems.
Now set the content of the 'Movies' folder to 'Movies' and scan.
You should now have films in your library.
Put them all in, scan for new content, Movies is done.
I have all films in their own folders to keep artwork etc together - if you do that (or have films in sub-folders) make sure you have the 'scan recursively' box checked.

Now make a new folder in users>videos called 'TV shows'.
Try with 1 or 2 shows...
Directly inside the TV Shows folder should be a folder for each show. That needs to be named exactly as the show is named on the tvdb. Episodes go in there, either directly inside or in seasons folders. I label shows s01e01 etc - as long as that's in the episode name the scraper should pick it up. There are other conventions that are also recognised, all in the wiki somewhere.
Again, set content and scan.
You should now have a 'TV' library and a 'TV Shows' entry on your home page (if you're using the default skin).
If all goes well add the rest of your shows, scan for new content, drink beer.

None of the folder nmes (eg Movies etc) matter a damn - what does matter is that you get the folder structure right and your videos are named correctly.
And that's about it.
Thread moved to OS independent
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New User-Help Needed (Playlists/Media Classification)0