Bug HiDPI scaling in Kodi 17 Beta 1 (Windows 10, Anniversary Update)
Starting with beta 1 Kodi seems to respect the Windows DPI scaling. But the result is a picture so big that it doesn't fit on screen. I, for example, cannot select the quit button anymore (2560x1440 with 125% scaling).

I know that setting to fullscreen or disable dpi scaling in compatibility options fixes the problem but I guess it should work with the default settings for the average user.
Here the same. At beta install, the picture dont fit the screen, Too big. Many buttons out of screen. My window scalig is at 150%
To solve, I go to windowed mode and, then all buttons were visible.
Then I go to system/display, video calibration. After many attempts (this metod fails, messing the screen limits and the middle square, the process was frustrating), the limits of screen fits the TV display.
But if this behaviour is normal at v17, many reports to come
I had this issue Beta 1 as well. To fix, I went into the system/Display menu and changed from 1080p to 720p. Then I changed back to 1080p and it seems to have resolved my issue.
I have this problem as well.

Changing the resolution of the desktop, then changing it back did not resolve it for me.

I'm using 3840x2160 at 200% scaling. I've resolved the issue temporarily by setting the scaling to 100%, but would prefer to be able to use the correct scaling for this display.
(2016-08-24, 03:11)angalths Wrote: I have this problem as well.

Changing the resolution of the desktop, then changing it back did not resolve it for me.

I'm using 3840x2160 at 200% scaling. I've resolved the issue temporarily by setting the scaling to 100%, but would prefer to be able to use the correct scaling for this display.

See my post. Video calibration solves the problem.
First, resolution at 720. Then video calibratioon.
Then narrow the limits of screen. Then change resolution to desired.
next, adjust screen corners to your screen. First lower right corner
Setting kodi to fullscreen, not windowed fullscreen fixed it for me. However, and don't know if it's related, I have set refreshrate to video and i have seen one 23fps video that set the screen tot 60hz and made the ui smaller dan the screen. But there aren't many 23fps video's so haven't seen it again.
The video didn't seem as smooth als normal with fullscreen so I set it back to the way it was before (windowded fullscreen) and now the screen is not too big, Still on the same Beta 1, but now without problems.
I am using a Windows 10 WQHD resolution tablet (2560 x 1440 on 12.3 inch). You have to enable 150% scaling in the Win10 display settings to have a decent view on everything. As mentioned above Kodi seems to struggle a little bit with this scaling thing. Showing not all or only parts of some elements and dialogs. Makes it impossible to use.
That is a bug. No matter what workaround might help for one session. This needs to be fixed.
I was having the same problem with Kodi 17 beta when using 175% scaling in windows 10. I found a setting called "Use full screen window" in the Kodi Display settings and disabled it. The default setting is enabled. When this setting was unchecked the display was normal with 175% scaling. In my case to disable the "Use full screen window" setting I had to adjust the Win 10 scaling to 100% first so I could see all of the menus in Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiDPI scaling in Kodi 17 Beta 1 (Windows 10, Anniversary Update)0