PVR features for IP-TV
Hi all,

I'm currently extending the Zattoo-PVR-Addon to support more features provided by Zattoo. For some of them, I would like to ask you on your opinion and how they could be integrated in Kodi or whether there are already such features planned. I expect that similar features are also available on other IP-TV providers.

- Replay
Zattoo supports a Feature which allows every channel to be watched 7 days into the past.

Problem: It is already possible to select a past program in the EPG but the selection is not passed to the PVR addon.

Possible solution: When selecting a program in the EPG, provide the selected program to the PVR addon.

- Seek beyond the start time of a stream
Due to the fact that all channels are available in the past, it would be possible to seek the stream beyond its start time (even beyond the start time of the current program)

Problem: The information of the currently watched stream should be displayed.

Possible solution: It could be that this is already working, but how is the program information determined which is displayed in the "info" window?

- Record/save past programs
Its possible to save already past programs (during the 7 days) to keep them for a longer period.

Possible solutions: Allow "record" on past programs
(2016-08-22, 22:58)rbuehlma Wrote: Possible solutions: Allow "record" on past programs

Very interesting topic indeed! The solution for the recorded channels could be an fixed URL for EPG entry or callback to the function that build an url based on some conditions (a token request for example).
You might want to keep an eye on this thread; https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10363

I know it's yours but would have helped adding it in your post Tongue
This could be useful for other IPTV streams that have a few hours buffers.
Another thing could be recording programs from timeshift for example.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
This is a great idea, thanks for the work on this. This ought to make it possible to make Kodi a legal replacement for YouView boxes in the UK. Most of our Freeview channels have free IPTV streams, YouView boxes talk to their servers for TV guides over port 80, and when you click on a programme that's in the past it launches that channel's app to play the program if it's available. Most of the metadata is in the clear and allows anonymous access too, and the stations get to play their ads and only serve up programmes that they've explicitly allowed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR features for IP-TV0