Bug Krypton network issues: try disabling IPv6
(2016-08-28, 17:33)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-08-28, 11:05)Meatus Wrote:
(2016-08-28, 09:41)Koying Wrote: Note that, on krypton, You should disable all non AC3 passthrough (i.e. DTS) method for API21/22 (e.g. AFTV2), as Krypton doesn't fall back to "plain luck" IEC at all, as SPMC/MrMC do.
Setting the channels to 2.0 and enabling transcoding will transcode DTS to 5.1 AC3 fine, though.

@fritsch You should probably disable DTS completely when on API < 23

Maybe one day Krypton will merge some code from SPMC/MrMC.

Dare to dream.

It's not about merging code - it's about putting user's at risk ... the very moment Android uses FLOAT internally, the "by luck" PT will for sure kill your ears. We were warned about this by the google android CTO - so - nope - I won't add that for sure. If you search this forum "noise passthrough" you will see what I mean. The OS shall get what it supports per plattform.

FWIW, as per the OP (which is not solved) I've installed the most current nightly and it still isn't accessing the Internet properly. It's not possible to install or update add-ons from the Kodi Repo.

Perhaps it's only a Fire TV 4K issue.

When you call up the sys info query it has to think about it for a minute or so then eventually reports the wrong MAC and IP address (16.1.49.1). This is in contrast to SPMC and MrMC on the same device, which are instant and correct. Same when rolled back to Kodi 16.1.

The IP address (and presumably MAC) apparently relate to the Wifi Direct used for the remote. There seems to be some ongoing contention over whether this is merely cosmetic (says Koying) or problematic:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=2155501

https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/3...at_firetv/

Can anyone think of anything that could possibly resolve it?
There was a full thread regarding the reported ip address being the wifi direct one.
I'll reiterate : This is cosmetic only. It has *zero* influence in Kodi.

If you have network issues, search somewhere else
(2016-08-29, 07:56)Koying Wrote: There was a full thread regarding the reported ip address being the wifi direct one.
I'll reiterate : This is cosmetic only. It has *zero* influence in Kodi.

If you have network issues, search somewhere else

Like I said, I only have network issues with Kodi 17. Not with any other build including your own SPMC, on the same device. The issue is ONLY with Krypton. SPMC works. Netflix works. Kodi 16 works. MrMC works. Youtube works. Radio streams work. Everything works but Krypton.

In case I haven't been clear: THE ISSUE IS WITH KRYPTON, not any other application, so where would you suggest I search?

And yes, I presume the thread you refer to is the one I posted above.
(2016-08-29, 09:28)Meatus Wrote: In case I haven't been clear: THE ISSUE IS WITH KRYPTON, not any other application, so where would you suggest I search?

Not saying you don't have an issue, just saying that this wifi-direct ip adress display has not impact on it. It was already so in Kodi 16.1
I don't have a clue where to search.
(2016-08-29, 10:18)Koying Wrote:
(2016-08-29, 09:28)Meatus Wrote: In case I haven't been clear: THE ISSUE IS WITH KRYPTON, not any other application, so where would you suggest I search?

Not saying you don't have an issue, just saying that this wifi-direct ip adress display has not impact on it. It was already so in Kodi 16.1
I don't have a clue where to search.

Took your advice and ran a search for network problems with Kodi Krypton for Android. Ended up in this thread.

HTH
(2016-08-29, 10:22)Meatus Wrote: Took your advice and ran a search for network problems with Kodi Krypton for Android. Ended up in this thread.

When I say search, I mean investigate.
Somebody has to do actual research to solve problems, you know, they don't pop up in forums and youtube out of spontaneous generation Wink
Start with ping, and work your way up.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-08-29, 10:57)nickr Wrote: Start with ping, and work your way up.

Thanks for the tip.

I worked my way up to uninstalling it, and reinstalling 16.1.

Everything works perfectly now.

Turns out the problem was Krypton all along.

Maybe I should've read the subject of this thread. The OP was right on the money.
IPV6, maybe? Looks like ipv6 was enabled for libcurl without much reflection on the implications: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9777 ping @wsnipex @fritsch
Try disabling ipv6 support at your router level.
Well here's my 2 pennies worth, I've been running Krypton for some time now on a few different Android Tabs That have Intel, ARM and MediaTek chipsets and they are running like a dream with the Beta
For the future:

Android < 21: no passthrough

Android >= 21: AC3, EAC3 (might not work on firetv, as firmware is buggy)

Android >= 23: AC3, EAC3 (might not work through to buggy firmware), DTS, DTS-HD

Nvidia Shield on Android v23: AC3, DTS, EAC3, TrueHD, DTS-HD

AML (build with AML, which kodi official does not do): AC3, DTS, EAC3, DTS-HD, TrueHD (last two only on 71 aml devices).

Everything else that worked by accident won't be supported anymore.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-08-29, 12:11)Koying Wrote: IPV6, maybe? Looks like ipv6 was enabled for libcurl without much reflection on the implications: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9777 ping @wsnipex @fritsch
Try disabling ipv6 support at your router level.

Bullseye! That was it.

Thank you. Well done!

SOLVED

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton network issues: try disabling IPv61