Bug Krypton network issues: try disabling IPv6
(2016-08-24, 09:17)Meatus Wrote: If you can call not being able to connect to the official repository, and thus not being able to change skins, working perfectly, sure.

It doesn't work for you. Nobody knows why because you are unwilling to contribute a debug log.

The software is in BETA, it is not a finished product and anybody using it are potential BETA testers.

If you choose to use it without contributing useful feedback that is your choice but I totally understand the developers for not being interested in your complaints as you are unwilling to help improve the software by providing data.

Your narrative indicates you have another agenda, specifically the current state of the android development branch. That is a different conversation that already exists.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Krypton Beta 1 runs fine here on two Amazon FireTV's 4K and one RPi 2. Love it!

Nerd
I have to agree with the thread starter from my own experience so far. I can not upload a log file as it never even gets that far. I just joined this forum coming here for this exact reason, to see why 17 is unusable for me.

Running the Nvidia ShieldTV Android 6 so the box is not the problem and installing 17 Beta 1 resulted in many lockups, partial menus on screens, my backups restored thru adbfire restored then lock up when starting Kodi. About the only way I can get it work without locking up or partial menus being built is running it empty which does me no good. :>

I have created my own setup adding addons one by one and making the menus myself, not using a pirated build, and it restores to Kodi fine then locks up. I am using the Mimic skin so that could be the problem, but I spent months and countless hours tweaking my own stuff that only I use and if it won't work in 17 even after the Beta then I will never upgrade as I don't have the time to redo hours and hours of tweaking things again. I think if I started again in 17 and had all the time to spend again it would probably be fine, just IMO if it works in 16.1, it should work in 17.

So "something" has to have changed when everything works fine in 16.1 and SPMC and nothing works in 17 Beta. I know its a Beta so I was expecting some problems, but not even being usable was not one of them.
(2016-08-24, 09:17)Meatus Wrote: If you can call not being able to connect to the official repository, and thus not being able to change skins, working perfectly, sure.
No debug log? Never happened then.
Cool story though.
I wanted to add I am still trying to make it work as it looks interesting, just I need to figure out how to get my restore from adbfire to work without lockups.

Also if anyone knows if its the Mimic skin I use that could be the problem, that would help.

Maybe I can start 17 Beta fresh and change some settings, then restoreHuh??
(2016-08-24, 16:46)rkkeller Wrote: I wanted to add I am still trying to make it work as it looks interesting, just I need to figure out how to get my restore from adbfire to work without lockups.

Also if anyone knows if its the Mimic skin I use that could be the problem, that would help.

Anecdotally speaking, I did load mimic on an Alpha 3 Krypton setup and it caused many problems, much like the ones you're describing. Switched to Transparency (Estuary isn't favored in my household) and all was much improved.
(2016-08-24, 16:46)rkkeller Wrote: I wanted to add I am still trying to make it work as it looks interesting, just I need to figure out how to get my restore from adbfire to work without lockups.

Find your kodi data folder and rename it.
eg (guess) storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi.
Rename that to org.xbmc.kodi.old
Start kodi - a new org.xbmc.kodi folder is generated and you have a fresh install to play with. You can swap back just as easily.
(2016-08-24, 16:49)shomari Wrote:

Anecdotally speaking, I did load mimic on an Alpha 3 Krypton setup and it caused many problems, much like the ones you're describing. Switched to Transparency (Estuary isn't favored in my household) and all was much improved.

I can try changing mine, but I custom built all the menus in Mimic and I lose all that when using another skin. :<
(2016-08-24, 16:54)rkkeller Wrote: I can try changing mine, but I custom built all the menus in Mimic and I lose all that when using another skin. :<
Have you posted in the Mimic section?
(2016-08-24, 16:53)trogggy Wrote:

Start kodi - a new org.xbmc.kodi folder is generated and you have a fresh install to play with. You can swap back just as easily.

Thanks I am going to try again soon. I want it to work, I think the Mimic skin might be the problem.
(2016-08-24, 16:55)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-08-24, 16:54)rkkeller Wrote: I can try changing mine, but I custom built all the menus in Mimic and I lose all that when using another skin. :<
Have you posted in the Mimic section?

Thanks, I didn't know there was one, only my first time here.
What an idiot I am, someone can remove all my posts here if you want, in the Mimic section that I never knew about, :> there is a new version for 17 and talk about some problems.
Nah, meatus will be proud that his thread has actually done something useful. Wink

Edit: we all start at the same level.
(2016-08-24, 16:56)rkkeller Wrote:
(2016-08-24, 16:53)trogggy Wrote:

Thanks I am going to try again soon. I want it to work, I think the Mimic skin might be the problem.

I was on Mimic too, but it didn't update so I had to get into settings (had remote set to enter setting with back key) and switch to Estuary. Kodi worked fine (ish) but couldn't access repo. Completely uninstalled Kodi, manually deleted folder structure to be sure, still couldn't access repo with fresh install.

First installed with Appstarter, then used ADB. Maybe there is residue somewhere but I can't see it. No external media inserted.

You can back up your Mimic settings under Advanced. Probably should've done that first before you upgraded, unfortunately. I was able to restore completely when I went back to 16.1. Obviously needed to reinstall a couple of third party add-ons, but otherwise no issues to speak of.

Maybe I'll try a fresh install of the beta again in a few days, then post a log if it still has repo issues, but for now 16.1/SPMC/MrMC will do.
Maybe mark the thread solved(-ish), so that you don't frighten everybody with the somewhat sensationalist title Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton network issues: try disabling IPv61