Win KODI crashes when windowed
Hi,
I have an issue with Kodi: when I try to switch from fullscreen to windowed mode, Kodi (16.1 release) crashes and closes. Moreover, when I try to close Kodi a black screen appears and nothing works (neither the task manager); thus I need to shut down and restart the computer. I think that this problem appeared after the installation of the Cinema Vision add-on.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks a lot! Blush
Debug Log ??
I uploaded the kodi.log and kodi.old.log files. I hope it's what you asked me. Sorry but I'm a little bit inexperienced in this kind of stuff.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2YPFB...jlYa2dCU2s
Looks like it's failing in the graphics, ensure your hardware is DX11 capable and your software drivers are compatible with it.

Line 345: 21:11:50 T:8020 ERROR: witch full screen state: CRenderSystemDX::SetFullScreenInternal887A0022- Failed s - DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE (Risorsa non disponibile al momento della chiamata. Potrebbe risultare disponibile in seguito.

As a fleeting thought, does it make any difference if Cinema Experience is disabled?
(2016-08-23, 22:51)PatK Wrote: ensure your hardware is DX11 capable and your software drivers are compatible with it.

Be carefull with this one!

Someone from the team tells me that dx11 is not needed and that the wiki was wrong...
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-08-24, 16:35)Gracus Wrote:
(2016-08-23, 22:51)PatK Wrote: ensure your hardware is DX11 capable and your software drivers are compatible with it.

Be carefull with this one!

Someone from the team tells me that dx11 is not needed and that the wiki was wrong...
Most of the routines that Kodi uses are in both direct X versions, Jarvis introduced DX11 and a lot of software that wasn't DX11 configured broke, if your settings are accelerated hardware and you don't have a DX11 capable graphic system it';s gonna fail.(switching over to software rendering sometimes will work). If the routines in your graphic card are not following windows DX guidelines and you're running windows your may have issues. (Check with manufactures for hardware specifications and updated drivers) This doesn't ring true with other o/s like Linux, OIS, Android etc. The wiki spells it out. If your operating system like XP or Vista will not handle DX11 the set-up will fail regardless of the gfx card. https://kodi.tv/kodi-16-1-jarvis-mark-xvi/
Bullshit
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I have a NVIDIA GTX275 which is absolutely NOT DX11 and i have ZERO issues. So stop spreading this false info you need DX11 and some one needs to remove that crap from the wiki.

All you need it proper drivers which don't fuck up things.
Your thread was moved to the Garbage subforum because it's either inapropriate, has the wrong attitude or was simply unnecessary for whatever reason. In doubt please read our Forum Rules.

Note - This an automated message as the poster, who is either one of our moderators or administrators doesn't always have time to leave a personal message.
Thread was moved back because it contains accurate information.
(2016-08-24, 17:54)Martijn Wrote: I have a NVIDIA GTX275 which is absolutely NOT DX11 and i have ZERO issues. So stop spreading this false info you need DX11 and some one needs to remove that crap from the wiki.

All you need it proper drivers which don't fuck up things.

I've asked you before to tell me what it should say and you ignored me. If you want to see it changed then do it yourself.
I see that you already have. That wasn't so hard, was it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI crashes when windowed0