v16 Kodi 16 on QNAP NAS HD Station
Hello Folks,

I can't solve this one on my own so I thought to share the problem and maybe i get a solution here.

Okay, I have a TS-253A, connected by 1.4 High Speed HD cable to LG UH8500 4K smart TV and the TV is sending the sound through optical cable to Samsung HT-D5550k home theatre system (5.1 system) which supports DTS, DTS HD, Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital and Dolby digital plus. I am connecting the TV to the home theatre system by optical cable bcz Samsung and LG have some problems in implementing the ARC between their systems. And this setup is working perfectly with my PS3 and HD Satellite receiver. All connected to the network using wired CAT6 cables and the NAS as well.

Now to the problem, I have some 4K content and many HD movies on my NAS, initially I setup Plex server on the NAS and Plex client on the TV but the movies were struggling to play (doesn't matter 4k or 1080) it was like playing 30s and then loading for 1 minute but during the play time the audio was ok in the 5.1 speakers and the surround was great (the movie i try on is 4k 2160p 44mbps DTS HDMA 7.1), and from the resources monitor of the NAS i could see the cpu up to 95% probably because the plex server was always transcoding on the fly for some reason and the Celeron 1.6 is too small to get the job done. After reading many forums I decided to try kodi on the hybrid desk station and i played the same 4k movie (Same video and sound specs) and it worked perfectly when it comes to the video with no stops at all BUT only on 2 channels sound so i went to the system settings changed the channel to 5.1 and enabled pass through and also enabled the features of my home theatre receiver and set the output device to LG TV on HDMI under advanced Audio Output Settings and the results varied as below:

Movie with a 5.1 Dolby digital I got a perfect surround once after that turned to high frequency tone when I closed the movie and re played it!!!
Movie with a 7.1 DTS HDMA I got a constant high frequency very annoying sound!

Any help regarding how to cancel that high frequency tone and get the 5.1 surround sound or how to transcode the sound on the fly to the compatible output on my system would be very much appreciated :|

System specs:
Kodi 16
TS-253A QTS 4.2.2 updated 23.08
LG UH850V TV
No debug log (wiki) not likely to get any useful information. Post yours to pastebin.com and you will have a better shot.

Sent from my XT1254
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Your tv doesnt support dts, let alone dtsma. Use the transcoding to ac3 feature.

(for all I know the TV might not even support dolby digital, but some TVs will support it and even forward it to optical output, if forced too)

If your tv is is unreliable even with dolby digital, I would recommend a hdmi switch with optical output, just remember to delay the sound so it lipsyncs with the picture.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16 on QNAP NAS HD Station0