Vizio Smartcast
Id like to buy a Vizio M65 or M70 2016 model with the Android tablet and Smartcast. Has anyone run Kodi on that setup and casted video to the TV? I would like it to work with 4k and even HDR content. Thank you!
I can test it out this weekend i have a m65 but am currently running retro pi ill switch over this weekend and report back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A
Man i was tired when i read this. Ill try kodi on the tablet later and let you know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A
So has anyone figured this out? I have ES file explorer and Local cast. My TV recognizes that i'm trying to cast but wont allow Kodi. Any ideas?
I have the Vizio P50-C1 and I have Casting working using "Yatse", which is a free Kodi Remote Android App, from the Play store.
Just use the Casting feature on Yatse.

The only problem is that GoogleCast devices (Chromecast and Vizio SmartCast) do not pass-through DTS audio.
The video will play , but no audio.
Video files with AC3 (DD+) and AAC work fine. FLAC does not work at all
Bluray files (mt2s) do not work either.
http://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/308342b

This is a real bummer, since I have ripped all my movies to use 1509 kbps 6-channel DTS.

ES File Explorer and the default Android casting feature did not work for me either.

If your AVR supports ARC, then DTS is supposed to work.
Casting from Yatse is now broken.

Nothing will stream today from my Kodi 17 Ubuntu 16.04 server to the Vizio.

I do not know if it was yesterday's Android 7 system update , last weeks Yatse update, or the Kod 17 nightly update on Nov.15th., but my money is on the Kodi update.

The Kodi update brought with it some issues with Passthrough audio (switch it off to get passthrough working...go figure), and scanning TV Shows into Library is all messed up.
And the libcec.so.4 file is missing.

UPDATE! All fixed. See my How-to post in Hardware section for complete solutions. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=297899

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vizio Smartcast0