Kodi guide vs context menu
Hello everyone,

I'm using kodi 17 and a simple Harmony 350 remote. I'm having an issue with the guide key - usually the context menu - that takes me back to my movie/music list or back to the movie itself! Also I don't have a remote.xml file I only have a gen.xml on my keymaps. Is this normal?

Kind regards
I don't think i got your question. Never heared of a gen.xml keymap...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It's the output file from the keymap editor add-on
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-08-24, 21:02)luisfmoreira Wrote: Hello everyone,

I'm using kodi 17 and a simple Harmony 350 remote. I'm having an issue with the guide key - usually the context menu - that takes me back to my movie/music list or back to the movie itself! Also I don't have a remote.xml file I only have a gen.xml on my keymaps. Is this normal?

Kind regards
You'll have a default remote.xml somewhere in your install folder - no idea where that is on a mac.
The gen.xml, as Darren said, is the one made by the keymap editor addon. Whatever's in gen.xml will be used by kodi, then it falls back to the default remote.xml for the rest.
For harmony in kodi 17 there is a customcontroller.harmony.xml in /Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/AppHome/system/keymaps which can be copied to /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/keymaps and can be altered there... I doubt that the keymap editor works with the harmony but might be wrong.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hi everyone, thanks for the answers,

I can't find the remote.xml /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/keymaps and I don't have a /Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/AppHome/ folder, I only have a Info.plist, Libraries, MacOS and Resources folders inside Kodi.app!

I can't find where Kodi is getting the harmony config xml to edit it, but I copied:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xbmc/x...armony.xml

to the /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/keymaps:

And I think it works, the weird thing is that even after deleting it from the folder, it continues to work!!!

Do you guys have any idea of whats happening?
Damm i shouldn't post pathes out of my head. The first path is missing that tha AppHome is in the ressources folder... Out of my head again. Who seeks shall find...

Beside that what you describe makes no sense to me - so no idea...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi guide vs context menu0