Official PS4 Headphones with Kodi?
So Sony have these official virtual 7.1 headphones for the PS4 which are pretty decent for the money. They are also usable via usb plug and play with windows so I figured I'd try them with kodi by plugging the wireless usb adapter into the usb port but they didn't seem to work. I was just wondering if there was anyway within kodi to get wireless usb headphones like this to work?
It would help if you told us what your using for Kodi, but likely not possible outside of Windows unless the drivers to support the headphones are added
Currently Libre, but I haven't got it to work on any version tbh. I kind of figured there might be a driver issue or something. The headphones are fairly popular so is it something that could be worked on and a working driver added to add-on repository?
I use the PlayStation Gold Wireless headphones on OSMC with a Pi 2 and it has been fine. Just had to plug in the USB dongle and change the Kodi audio settings to the headset. Note that if you are using OMX player for acceleration, it will not work. I have been these headphones for about about a year now.
Yeah those are the heaphones I'm talking about, so they obviously work if you have them working.
I can find the pulse headphones audio settings in system/audio output/audio output device, and enable bluetooth but I can't get the usb stick to sync with the headphones. The usb keeps flashing a blue light like its trying to connect with the headphones but can't. The bluetooth settings in elec still say 'No Bluetooth adapter found'. It's probably me missing something obvious in the options but can't think what it could be.

There is an option called DSP on the system/audio output screen, I don't know if its relevant but when I select it, it says you need to install an add-on to use this feature. Not sure what the add-on is though or if its even needed to get the PS4 headphones working.

Edit: Now that I think about it the headphones obviously aren't bluetooth anyway, so its purely connected with the usb stick. Still can't figure out why it won't sync with the headphones though.
OK got them to sync finally, so that's a start but still no sound coming from the headphones. They are synced up though because the blue light on the usb stick now stays on.

Is it possible the lack of sound from the headphones has something to do with the DSP audio option? If so does anyone know what add-on I would need to install to get the headphones to work? Really confused as to how they can sync up but produce no sound, not even the clicking noise when going through the Kodi menus.
Settings --> Video --> Acceleration
- Uncheck OMXPlayer if it is selected. I only have MMAL selected on my Pi.

Settings --> System --> Audio Output --> Audio Output Device
- Select the headphones.
I don't think I have an OMX Player option to uncheck in acceleration on the build I'm using.

Just to be clear, do you know what options you select for headphones under Settings/System/Audio Output/Audio Output Device?
For Headphones I have - Alsa: wireless/analogue, Alsa: wireless/spdif, or Pulse: Default Bluetooth Audio. I'm assuming its one of these three to select the heaphones.

Thanks.
(2016-08-27, 19:39)KingsCross Wrote: Just to be clear, do you know what options you select for headphones under Settings/System/Audio Output/Audio Output Device?
For Headphones I have - Alsa: wireless/analogue, Alsa: wireless/spdif, or Pulse: Default Bluetooth Audio. I'm assuming its one of these three to select the heaphones.
ALSA: Wireless Stereo Headset, Analog
or
ALSA: Wireless Stereo Headset, S/PDIF
OK thanks, I'll have a play around with those options.
Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Official PS4 Headphones with Kodi?0