Auto hiding and activating home menu items
I am running Aeon Nox 5 on my EzeeCube, and I have the Blu-ray/DVD add-on. When I put in a disc, an eject and play button appear next to the search button. When I take the disc out, those buttons disappeared. I created a Home menu item to play discs, and I would like it to not be visible when there is no disc in the drive, like the buttons beside the search button. Is it possible for me to do this, either in the skin with existing menu options or by editing a file in notepad? And if so, can I disable the little play button at the same time so only the eject button shows up. or change what the play button does? There is an option with the EzeeCube to also rip the disc you put in. I wouldn't mind a button for that option showing up where the play button appears.
Le Bump.
Le bump II.
This is not an easy answer...

You can code a new menu item but that means a lot of additions in a few different xml files cause the menu in Aeon Nox 5 is hardcoded so it does not have visible conditions that can be altered for the items automatically.

Alternatively you can try my modded version of Aeon Nox 5 which uses skin shortcuts to handle the Main Menu. You can add a new item then select choose item for menu > common > play dvd. I just added one myself to check if the visibles work as they should and it appears so. You can also edit the label to Play Disc, BluRay, or whatever you want it to say and it should not be visible until a disc is inserted.

The changing or hiding of the play icon can be done by editing button id="9022" but the location of that differs depending on whether you are using my skin and the version of said skin or the default OG Nox 5...
Thanks for the reply even if it's not an easy answer. It's still something I can use as a starting point Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto hiding and activating home menu items0