v17 Krypton and variables
k, let's give it another shot...

here's a windows test build of kodi v17 with the workaround mentioned before included:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...s-test.exe

i would appreciate it if each of you could test it and tell us if it makes any difference.

also, if anyone needs an osx build, let me know.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Now i can install and use Madnox but i experience the same missing textures like in the latest nightly builds. After i start Kodi the main menu is ok but i have a missing texture in the context menu at the top of the window.
If i reload the skin, the missing textures in the context menu is ok but i have missing textures in the main menu.

This is the same behavior like in other builds of Kodi 17.

So far i can say i doesn't work but maybe other can test too.
Hi Ronie,

Thanks for the test build, I can confirm that in my test there has been a slight improvement. Previously I would start Kodi, let Madnox load and then just select Movies, I would get a view and the breadcrumbs would be missing most info and also all the posters would have "no fanart" fallback amd no additonal artwork list discart existed so I had dead variables from the get go, also after coming out of the view and back to home I would lose info on the home menu as well.

With this build, I still lose the breadcrumbs info but now I do get posters and even disc art as well, but if I try 'I' then I see I'm still missing a lot of VARS.

So, since I've got a slight improvement can you please tell us what you did in the test build, was it to increase something? if so could you do another build with a bigger increase to see if that improves things again?

Thanks,

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
ok, dug a bit further into this.
i've checked out a few skins mentioned in this thread and they all define quite a lot of variables, somewhere inbetween 500 to 700.

looking at the kodi source code, i noticed kodi only reserves 500 places in memory for variables.
so my conclusion (for now) is that these skins are breaking the limits of what kodi can handle.

why this issue is more prominent in krypton than it was in jarvis can also be explained...
in jarvis 800 places for variables were reserved (and in isengard even 1000).

what i'll do is create another test-build were i raise the limit back to 1000 again.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-09-21, 21:22)Mike_Doc Wrote: So, since I've got a slight improvement can you please tell us what you did in the test build, was it to increase something? if so could you do another build with a bigger increase to see if that improves things again?

i only increased the limit for listitems properties. this was a known issue that could cause missing artwork (fanart and such..)
in my next build i will also increase the limit for variables.
Thanks Ronie, any idea why it was decreased for krypton? It is going to be that var decrease i think for madnox at least. That also backs up when i removed a good amount of vars from vaiables.xml and saw an improvement.
(2016-09-21, 22:09)Mike_Doc Wrote: Thanks Ronie, any idea why it was decreased for krypton?

it's just that with every release we add a fair amount of new infolabels that gets stored within the same space...

here's the new test build:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...s-test.exe

please test and let me know, i'm curious to find out if my theory is correct ;-)
@ronie looks pretty good :-)

I have no more missing textures in the skin Madnox. So i assume you did it :-)

!! AWESOME !!
great, thanx for the feedback!
it's really appreciated that you've tried all my test builds even though the first one was pretty flawed (sorry about that) ;-)

hope the other skinners in this thread will be able to confirm as well!
Ronie, you're a God my friend. From a brief test it looks brilliant and back to normal now for Madnox, hopefully Angelinas or Scott can test their MQ skins to see if they are ok now as well?.

I will do a bigger stress test later today but it is looking good so far.

So, I guess the question is now if these changes you did will make it into V17?

I have to thank you for your time in helping us with this issue and looking into the core to see if there may have been a problem or not, very much appreciated.

Mike.
Thanks Ronie, it´s all fine now. I will test a little more with MQ7.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2016-09-22, 09:53)Mike_Doc Wrote: So, I guess the question is now if these changes you did will make it into V17?

you can keep an eye on: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10527
changes have now been added to kodi.

please keep an eye out or any new unexpected behaviour.
Thanks for letting us know and thanks again Ronie for your help and time, much appreciated.
I think i have the same issue.
I am downloading the new test build, hopefully it's will do the trick for me.
Will keep you posted.

Edit:
So it's acutally did much better thank you!
What i found out next is related to the skin saved settings.
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('Skin.SetString('+ set1 +','+ set1v +')')
  • So i use a test script to do a mass skin changes with counting and timers and on Jarvis it's about x10 faster.
  • Another issue is when reloading the skin few seconds after the scripts is done, all settings that's are done by the scripts are ignored until i do another skin reloading..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton and variables0