v16 Help-new to kodi/openelec
I new to all this. A few months back got a pretty decent desktop out of the trash of a computer store down the street from my mother's house, works great, HP, has an i5 I added ram upgrades the hard drive also added more then one and removed the DVD drive as I have no need for it..ok, so I'm not really going to use this as a streaming player. The only reason I want Internet hooked up is to get movie, TV show, music, music video information. I might that's a big might also use it from maybe live TV even tho I never watch live I just grab all mine from torrent downloads. So this is what I'd like to do and I'm having problems with, as of right now I have 2 1tb each hard drives in just the desktop aside from my few other ones filled with movies, shows, ect that I usb right to my smart tv. I'd like to make it like a Hulu/netflix style look when I click on movies or music or whatever with the movie cover picture, if that makes sense but I can't seen to figure out how to get the everything organized and added to the local storage. Also I can not figure out how to change the skin, I downloaded a few from the openelec site and that all fail.

Also what I mean when I say the Netflix style is when I click on the movies let's say it gives me other options then I have to go search for the file/folders which ny of the media might be stored, looking for a more simplified way to get this set up. I do know my way around a computer..nit some expert hacker or anything like I do with androids but I know more then the average person I guess, any help-tips would be great.
There is a wiki which explains how to do things. I don't know what Netflix looks like but to organise your files into a library you need to name them in a way that kodi "recognises" then you can download the posters and information that go with that movie or tv show. This link should give you a starting point. http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library
Netflix style is just one of the views that can be supported by a skin for example Titan, but I believe there is even a dedicated netflix based skin created, atlhough I'm not sure about that. Anyway, a skin can be changed via system -> settings -> appearance -> get more (and search for titan for example)

When you switch your skin you can make a lot changes to the default view. See also the printscreen:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help-new to kodi/openelec0